New Agent

"You have to join an FMO at some point to get started"
You don't have to join anything to independently sell insurance.
Someone with your business savvy should know that already.
My suggestion is spend some time reading the Forum and then decide what you want to do. Calling marketing organizations may not give you an unbiased view.

Most importantly, thank you for your service, I am also retired military.

I am brand-new to insurance, have no experience at all, I believe a FMO is a good place to start learning the trade. Have talked to many marketing organizations already, its only a starting point.
Thanks for your service also, have a great weekend.

Oh my moonlightandmargaritas, that does not sound very encouraging. May I ask if you are a licensed health agent in Florida and sell medicare? Which FMO are you with? I am signing with Florida Marketing Organization in Tampa.
It sounds harsh, and it is, but that's the reality...

April will mark my 24th year in the business. Don't do Medicare currently, but have in the past.

I'm sure Florida Marketing Organization are fine folks, but you won't be able to rely on them (or any FMO/IMO) for much help. You've got to be self sufficient to prosper in this business!

Most people fail because they fail to do the most important thing: find a way to keep a regular, steady flow of new prospects coming. Everything else is academic.

Best of luck in your new endeavor.

Thanks for the input, I have heard that from many agents I have talked to, its not about the FMO its all about YOU and finding the marketing niche to get clients. Its a sales job, I can see that. Will give it my best shot, thanks

I am not a shrinking violet, I have a very strong work ethic and held very professional jobs in the past along with owning my own business for 10 years and retiring from the military. You have to join an FMO at some point to get started, Medicare Advantage/Supps is a start, then perhaps onto other insurances. One thing at a time. I am used to working mega hours as I did when I owned my business then sold it, I will continue to work hard.

Well, my husband was military...and owned another business for 15 years...until he learned about insurance business. We did the same thing. Yes, you have to have your starting point.

For Medicare/ACA...we WORKED 7 days, from 8am till 7pm. Lots of nights, I worked until 10pm. Last year we had 6 months to process. This year we had 4 months. Next year we have 2 months (from my understanding), to process everyone we built up, plus new. We are prepping next month for this.

We love this business. And, we have time for family - like never before.

We never, never leave a client not noticed - nor contacted. We never leave a client to fall in the 'system.' On the other hand, we NEVER spam our clients. They know when we contact them, we contact them for a reason.

Thanks ggbh for your positive comments, its like a breath of fresh air for me. I worked 7 days a week mega hours for 8 years in my last business and it was very successful. I plan on working hard at this also, its just my strong work ethics that I have always had.

Florida Marketing Organization FMO out of Tampa. In process of moving there from Orlando, but started training with them already.

Back