The 12,757 Members, "This Site is a Sellout"

midsouthman

To the 12,757 Forum Members,

I write this tonight to each one of you about what I have just read in the post "This Site is a Sellout"

I have read hundreds (maybe a thousand) of post on this FREE site before I signed up.

Online here for about a year, signed up in June. Don't write much, like many, made a few comments this month so I could PM a member. But I do read most that is written that is of interest.

Have only been in the business 2 years and have found a wealth of insight as well as knowledge here and have not spent a dime for any of it.

Totally free training for me.

Knowledge that NO ONE would give me for free. Except the professional and the really truly caring individuals on this site.

As a matter of fact, I am with a new group and very happy about my choice and it is only because of this site that I found them.

Thank You All for sharing your knowledge, your insights, your experiences, your information, your solicitations, your ads, your good and bad (and some what shady) personal history! (oh and those legs, padtha...well thats another rant)

Your wealth of information has no price!

And a big Thank You to the one that runs this site. (I think his name is Sam.)

But, (yes there is a But,) I have to ask a very simple question. (I am sure I will get a few very complex answers)

My question: The thread: "This Site is a Sellout"

Why?

When someone makes a post about a thread like this one...and someone disagrees...why not just say so and leave it at that...

Why does it has to become someones soap box for a political rant.

I swear sometimes it seems like a bunch of grade school kids fighting about who is going to get on the swing next!

How do some of you have the time to work? Is everyone selling over the phone? I have to drive a couple of hundred miles a day just to make a living. (Not an invite to anyone recruiting)

Do your clients know you spend hours on line writing your political agenda and not taking care of your business?

How do you have the time to write such long self indulging, self centered, I am wrong...you are right or left, political comments that make most on here just want to (fill in your own thoughts here) (words that come to mind, shoot myself, jump, puke, My favorite..men who stare at goats) leave.

Oh, yes, I know I do not have to read them...and most of the time I don't.

Just because I disagree does not make me some kind of trash, dirt, evil Nazi...

I read such words from someone that wants to put a label on me because of my convictions and I find it very offensive.

But I do not think a few here really do not care about what I think or what anyone else thinks..

At this moment I have found myself being much like a (very) few here on this site.

Writing these words that I do not care to write. I guess I just got a pissed about about some words written here tonight.

So I will leave now and I will leave with my written words on this web site...A FREE WEB SITE...

Like a real letter to real people...not just an email, a text, a voice recording...these are my words written here tonight...

Real words...do any of you remember when we had to write real words on paper with a pen...dipped in ink....:D

Here are my thoughts I am having as I write this post, after reading a few of the last post here on Halloween tonight.

I can only speak for myself, when I say to a few on this FREE Forum...

Wake up tomorrow, look in the mirror, and say out loud...

"I really do need to get a life"

And then go out your hidden trap door in your bunker, get in your electric car, eat your recycled paper breakfast food, listen to recorded Obama speeches, send a check to Acorn, vote for Nancy, and remember...your health is the hands of Barney Frank.

Just a few of my rants, but I just may be another Neo Nazi Commie Pinko...

Please, 12,757 FREE members of this FREE speech forum

The next time you want to write words on this site, think about this.

Did You Die On A Cross For Me..

IF NOT....Do Not Judge Me!

You are an American as well as I am...( I Guess you are)

We both can agree to disagree.

We have these rights because my Dad (WWII) and my Brother (VN) died to protect our rights.

They died so you could come on here and call me a Nazi because of what you believe as well as what I do..

They died so you could call me a Nazi because I have a different view of our country and the direction it is headed.

You have your convictions as well as I do.

So please leave the name calling to your dog.

Thank God as well as the men and women that have died to allow me to rant on this free web site...

Well I guess I just wrote one of those long self indulging posts...

If you have enjoyed reading this post..... no matter what the date is...then feel better about yourself and others by writing a check to:

St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis TN

(this rant did not get spelled checked, grammar checked, or did any Nanny Cam check me out tonight. I am just a Hillbilly with a 8 grade edukation.... and really do appreciate everyone that as something to contribute to this site and to no one that has other motives)

You know, my son went trick-or-treating last night. He's 8 and looks forward to it every year.

He we got back home last night to dumped out all of his candy and spread it out then started separating it - the stuff he likes from the stuff he doesn't like.

Question: Does Halloween suck for him because he has to walk up driveways of certain houses only to find liquorice?

Question: Does Halloween suck because he has to spend time sorting through what he likes and doesn't like?

I know how Halloween can be improved; we mandate that everyone post what kind of candy they're offering on their front lawn. This way my son wouldn't have to waste any time going to the houses offering Candy Corn and concentrate of the houses offering Reece's and Kit Kats.

I mean, the candy's free but why should we have to put up with any bullshit.

.....And then go out your hidden trap door in your bunker, get in your electric car, eat your recycled paper breakfast food, listen to recorded Obama speeches, send a check to Acorn, vote for Nancy, and remember...your health is the hands of Barney Frank...........

I like it! Take that Al! :twitchy:

Just my 17 cents...The Forum is fine. Check other Forums, and they don't compare to this one.

Yes, Al and a few others (sometimes myself) tend to vent and rant. Just move your arrow button down. It's not such a big deal.

...concentrate of the houses offering ... Kit Kats.

You let your boy go to liberal houses? They HAD to be homes of liberals if they were giving out Kit Kats. How does the song go? "Gimme a break, gimme a break, ... break me off a piece of your Kit Kat bar!!"

Neo-cons will never give out Kit Kats until the song is rewritten: "Gimme a break, gimme a break... go out and BUY your own Kit Kat bar."

Sending your boy to liberal homes... some here would say that action constitutes child endangerment!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, my son went trick-or-treating last night. He's 8 and looks forward to it every year.

He we got back home last night to dumped out all of his candy and spread it out then started separating it - the stuff he likes from the stuff he doesn't like.

Question: Does Halloween suck for him because he has to walk up driveways of certain houses only to find liquorice?

Question: Does Halloween suck because he has to spend time sorting through what he likes and doesn't like?

I know how Halloween can be improved; we mandate that everyone post what kind of candy they're offering on their front lawn. This way my son wouldn't have to waste any time going to the houses offering Candy Corn and concentrate of the houses offering Reece's and Kit Kats.

True but you have to look at it from the homeowner's point of view. Some of them dont want kids coming by. The government should require kids to check the Do Not Trick-or-Treat List before calling at the house. But I also think that even those homeowers who allow kids to trick or treat should have to put a big picture of a peanut shell with an X on it on their front door to certify that their candy does not contain any peanut allergens. Sure, your boy will go right for those Reese's peanut butter cups like any normal kid would but think of how dangerous that could be for some kids. All you are doing is thinking about your six figure income and have no compassion for some of these kids.

:cool:

I am a relative newbie here as well, but not to the industry. This forum has a wealth of knowledge. None of the forums are perfect. I run a good sized forum for firearms, and any time there are 12,000 + members, things will come up.

lastly, sometimes people do need to sell out a bit... Do you know how much the hosting fees for this website are? My website is about 1/20th of this in terms of registered members, and my hosting fees are about $50 a month. A board of this size is close to $400 a month in fees.

My website is about 1/20th of this in terms of registered members, and my hosting fees are about $50 a month. A board of this size is close to $400 a month in fees.

This board runs on a dedicated server (not sure where). I have a dedicated server with PairNetworks that cost about $2200 a year (before a discount I get for paying in advance.) While you may be right that the board might cost $400 a month, my guess is that Sam is with a less expensive company since he does not need the kind of security features that I do (for the Jaya123 service I run.) These days you can get dedicated servers for $99 a month... and less.

For a board like this, it is not so much the cost of the server as it is the bandwidth (transfer) amount that is allowed before fees kick in. Both Sam and Val are experienced in the sysop biz so I'm sure they shopped for a good deal.

More than once I've proposed that we take up a collection to pay for the board but Sam as always vetoed the idea. Instead he said to give the money to a charity. I donated to the Salvation Army. Here is the receipt:

http://www.answer123.com/TheSalvationArmy-3.pdf

It is the kind of thing that we liberals/mods would do. I would not expect the neo-cons here to donate their time, much less any money to anything, anywhere that will not result in some kind of monetary return... but that's just my opinion and I'm sure yours will differ.

I'm sure that if it were not for "bleeding heart" liberals (who are often in charge corporate "giving" committees... and who have to fight tooth and nail to get the CEO to part with a few dimes... I have friends who sit on these boards and committies) most of the charities in this country would fold in a New York minute.

The only neo-cons that I've ever known to be generous are car dealers. When I used to raise money for local projects I could always count on the local car guys to write a check. A banker? Yeah, right!

Al3

This board runs on a dedicated server (not sure where). I have a dedicated server with PairNetworks that cost about $2200 a year (before a discount I get for paying in advance.) While you may be right that the board might cost $400 a month, my guess is that Sam is with a less expensive company since he does not need the kind of security features that I do (for the Jaya123 service I run.) These days you can get dedicated servers for $99 a month... and less.

For a board like this, it is not so much the cost of the server as it is the bandwidth (transfer) amount that is allowed before fees kick in. Both Sam and Val are experienced in the sysop biz so I'm sure they shopped for a good deal.

More than once I've proposed that we take up a collection to pay for the board but Sam as always vetoed the idea. Instead he said to give the money to a charity. I donated to the Salvation Army. Here is the receipt:

http://www.answer123.com/TheSalvationArmy-3.pdf

It is the kind of thing that we liberals/mods would do. I would not expect the neo-cons here to donate their time, much less any money to anything, anywhere that will not result in some kind of monetary return... but that's just my opinion and I'm sure yours will differ.

I'm sure that if it were not for "bleeding heart" liberals (who are often in charge corporate "giving" committees... and who have to fight tooth and nail to get the CEO to part with a few dimes... I have friends who sit on these boards and committies) most of the charities in this country would fold in a New York minute.

The only neo-cons that I've ever known to be generous are car dealers. When I used to raise money for local projects I could always count on the local car guys to write a check. A banker? Yeah, right!

Al3
not to start a pissfight, but Bankers were some of the biggest contributors to obama.

I was a lib, now more conservative, but i still give close to 5% of my income to charities. although i refrain of just giving out money to anyone that calls, i would of gone from charities that i have worked with in the past and contributed that way.

Jim,

The appointment setting company we are using is qualifiedmarketing.com We have been burned multiple times by companies and like the fact that they only charge us after we have gone on the appointment. First company that we have found that will do it this way. They also send us a recording of the call with the decision maker so we can listen to it before we go on the appointment.

Not sure if they call into your area. Worth a call to see anyway. Let me know how else I can help.

Bradley

Back