4/20, Marijuana & Insurance

Thanks! I need to try and get contracted with them... I've heard they're a bit of a pain to do business with and get contracted, but please LMK if you have any recommendations, or if I can go direct.

Thanks!

I think we in California do not get as many Smokers, Chewers, and Spitters than some other states.

They can be. Really not that different than many fully underwritten companies. Easier than say AIG or Genworth was. You can speak to the California underwriter live. One negative is they are East Coast time.

Kinda, They are not looking to contract just anyone. They are a bit old school. Send me a PM and I can get you the California Managers email address.

I do not write as much as I have in the past with them. But they have their place.

Some new stats on who's toking (or not) from Yahoo News/Marist Univ study:

• 115 million U.S. adults have never tried it
• 70 million have tried it but don't currently use
• 20 million use about once a year
• 35 million use at least once a month
• 52% of 55 million users are millennials
• majority are male, make under $50,000/yr, don't have a degree
• 14% of current users are Republicans
• 54% of adults who use are parents; 16 million of those with kids under 18

If you make over $50k you can afford the good stuff.:goofy:

I think we in California do not get as many Smokers, Chewers, and Spitters than some other states.

They can be. Really not that different than many fully underwritten companies. Easier than say AIG or Genworth was. You can speak to the California underwriter live. One negative is they are East Coast time.

Kinda, They are not looking to contract just anyone. They are a bit old school. Send me a PM and I can get you the California Managers email address.

I do not write as much as I have in the past with them. But they have their place.

Yeah, I totally agree about not having too many smokers in CA. I sometimes get cigar/eCigs/chew and dip/ and pipe smokers, so it will be nice to have another carrier who will offer STD NT. That's also great and super convenient that you can talk to an UW directly, as that seems to be something of the past at this point.

I'll just sent you over a PM, so thanks again for all of your help!!

Yeah, I totally agree about not having too many smokers in CA. I sometimes get cigar/eCigs/chew and dip/ and pipe smokers, so it will be nice to have another carrier who will offer STD NT. That's also great and super convenient that you can talk to an UW directly, as that seems to be something of the past at this point.

I'll just sent you over a PM, so thanks again for all of your help!!

I forwarded your email. Take a look at their ROPTerm. Not as strong as it once was. However, none of them are. Still, one of the few that have the Reduced Paid Up option at the end.

While we are on the topic of THC, is anybody familiar with CBD? An agent friend recently turned me onto it. Many health benefits, but it's not psychoactive like THC. However, the CBD does have less than 1% THC in it. (well, at least thats the amount sold by green mountain)

There are a few threads on reddit about passing a pee test after taking CBD. Anyhow, I wonder how that would impact life insurance screening..?

Marijuana smokers celebrate April 20 each year. Below are a list of the significant events that happened on April 20.

Hitler's birthday.
Columbine massacre.
Deepwater Horizon disaster (largest man made disaster in history).

Just had to throw that in there anytime I hear people "celebrating" 4/20.

Back