7, 66 63 65

supersupps

Guru
A financial planner would like me to bring them any business I might uncover from LTC appointments. I would write the ltc on my own, and ask them to come back to "our offfices" to see what planning they might need. Since I have no office and don't do any planning, this company will use their expert planners and myself in the meetings. And I will get half of what this brings to the planner. In order for me to be paid, I need some licenses. 66 was mentioned. But I believe I also need a 7? The financial planning company will sponser me. What exact series #;s do I need to be compliant?

Depends upon what they are selling. If we are talking managed money probably a 65. Will the revenue be worth the E&O cost

I believe if you get the 65 then I do not believe that you should have a problem signing a solicitor agreement with the planning company. I am not securities licensed yet so I am sure that a more definite answer will come along.

You need to ask the planning company what type of business they write. You'll essentially need the same licenses they have to split the comp (and be part of their b/d or RIA...or both.)

The 66 is a combination of the the 63 and 65. If they only do fee based business, the 65 will suffice. If the write variable annuities and/or loaded mutual funds, you'll need a 6 w/ a 63. REITs, individual securities etc., you'll need a 7 w/ a 63. 7 with the 66 will cover most of your bases but there is no point in getting licenses that you don't need so just ask the planning firm.

Back