9 Good Reasons To Operate A Insurance Sales Call Center:

" What a joke. How many markets have you been through this year? It is funny though, because you will still get some poor fools to work under you. "

Started out in MA / MAPD - hated it. Stopped before my appointment even went through. Started creating leads / pre set appointments for the market - made ok money - but the bitching never stopped.

Tried FE - old sick people turned me off. The rates through the company I was with were not competitive - wasn't fun.

Started doing Health and Life - love it!

Health - we target 30+ healthy people / families. 24%+ commissions make it worthwhile.

Life - we target 40 to 60 with weight issues or limited health problems. Commissions are low, but can be done over the phone / net - so with gas being $4 a gallon - makes sense.

Started building my team of independents - 30 so far - going well. Goal is to be at 200 by end Q109. Will still work with independent agents needing a home. We represent 4 major health carriers - American National, Golden Rule, GTL and Imerica. We represent 2 major insurance carriers - Fidelity and GTL. We have agents contracted with just about every health and life carrier if we need to run the deal upline.

Fate reared it's head and gave me the idea to create small, individually owned and operated Insurance Sales Centers for those wanting to get into the Insurance business and wanting to create massive action and above average earnings. We developed a marketing plan and we'll test it over the next few weeks and see how it goes. Our goal of having 200+ active agents seems even more possible now with the added concept.

We are doing nothing any different than most hierarchies - except we provide more than just a solution and our methods are a little outside the box.

We'll see . . .

Tom

These statements in your post have me confused, they seem contradictory, maybe you didn't explain it as in depth as you should have. And I'm not being argumentative by any means, It's just unclear to me.

If a new agent does not have enough training, self confidence and extreme product knowledge then all those hollow statements don't mean a damn thing.

There are no "short cuts" and paying hundreds of dollars for "training" and "leads" is not going to make a new agent successful.

New agents need to learn the basics, develop good communication skills and learn to read the prospect's body language.

Interesting concept however you may run into significant problems with customer service.

My business model

In my practice I have discovered if I try to go beyond 50,000 AV a week production average I begin to have problems not in seales but in servicing clients.

The formula for this business is simple purchase 25 leads per day-approx 700.00 a week which is why most will never use the model. Sell 10% of leads avg 4,000 av per sale that equates to 50,000 AV

50,000 AV at 25% average commission = 12,500 assuming 80% persistency one will make in excess of 500,000.00 a year gross - lead expense.

Now to go bigger one will need an executive assistant who is licensed to handle the customer service side. At that level and with some automation one could do 100,000 AV a week

This business is at core a #'s game it can be labor intensive but the key is hardwork,consistency, automation and integration of high value addons like annuities, life and disability.

With their addition a 1 or 2 person deal with an executive office could do well in excess of 1M gross if not net.

These guys who try to shortcut the learning curve irk me a bit because in the end they are glorified quick buck artists. if they provide value I dont have aproblem. Remember you can have anything you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

Be right back, gotta go see if there is a full moon. ;)

Maybe this will work for some folks, but its not my cup of tea babysitting 4 agents who don't have the ambition to do what you are trying to get them to do, on their own.

I like to think what we do is more client oriented than a boiler room atmosphere and attitude about sales. I hate MLM. If I wanted to sell Amway, thats what I would be doing. Because some of us have an FMO between us and the company does not make it MLM.

Good luck with your scheme, but I find it lacking. Selling insurance for the long term is about client relationships, and that is hard to create in a call center.

Interesting concept however you may run into significant problems with customer service.

My business model

In my practice I have discovered if I try to go beyond 50,000 AV a week production average I begin to have problems not in seales but in servicing clients.

The formula for this business is simple purchase 25 leads per day-approx 700.00 a week which is why most will never use the model. Sell 10% of leads avg 4,000 av per sale that equates to 50,000 AV

50,000 AV at 25% average commission = 12,500 assuming 80% persistency one will make in excess of 500,000.00 a year gross - lead expense.

Now to go bigger one will need an executive assistant who is licensed to handle the customer service side. At that level and with some automation one could do 100,000 AV a week

This business is at core a #'s game it can be labor intensive but the key is hardwork,consistency, automation and integration of high value addons like annuities, life and disability.

With their addition a 1 or 2 person deal with an executive office could do well in excess of 1M gross if not net.

These guys who try to shortcut the learning curve irk me a bit because in the end they are glorified quick buck artists. if they provide value I dont have aproblem. Remember you can have anything you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want. Zig Ziglar

good biz model and well said

This business is not terribly difficult, but the average agent makes 50k a year because he will not invest in his business.

My closing ratio on leads i see in person is 95%. I see less and less people in person however and I am automating the business and will get an office to have clients come to me to leverage time and create financial planning cross sale opprotunity.

Why wont agents spend 700 a week on leads? The reason is they look at the business all wrong they look at it as a job

The secret is this gradually invest more and more by this formula

50% living expenses and investments

25% marketing and business development

25% taxes

run your business like a business and an agent of average ability will be a millionaire in 3-5 years

cheers

TXIns
Peeler
RobLiano
L Gilmore
Frank Stasney
Patch36
Healthagent
DJS
SAI.

What a bunch of crybaby's.
Here we have a guy with one weeks training. One whole month of experience. You are all just pissed off because in a few more months, he will be a Bazillionaire and you will all be stuck writing insurance.
Definitely sour grapes.
Of course he has a major line of bull$hit and obviously has a lot of time on his hands. Maybe we should all ask for his advice and them we can all become rich:D:D

TXIns
Peeler
RobLiano
L Gilmore
Frank Stasney
Patch36
Healthagent
DJS
SAI.

What a bunch of crybaby's.
Here we have a guy with one weeks training. One whole month of experience. You are all just pissed off because in a few more months, he will be a Bazillionaire and you will all be stuck writing insurance.
Definitely sour grapes.
Of course he has a major line of bull and obviously has a lot of time on his hands. Maybe we should all ask for his advice and them we can all become rich:D:D

when does your green card expire??

Back