9 Good Reasons To Operate A Insurance Sales Call Center:

myinsurebiz

I am what I am . . .
5000 Post Club
9 Good Reasons To Become An Insurance Sales Call Center Operator :

#1 Reason - Low Overhead.

#2 Reason - No Inventory - Leads Come To You.

#3 Reason - Most People Need The Product.

#4 Reason - Feel Good Product - Impulse Buy.

#5 Reason -
Helps People And Changes Lives.

#6 Reason -
Strong Gross Sales Commissions.

#7 Reason - 4 Day Business Week - Free Time.

#8 Reason - In Business For Self - Not By Self.

#9 Reason - Quality Training & Marketing Support.

Quick, Easy Setup - Someone Can Be Selling Insurance In Less Than 60 Days - Sooner if they are already licensed. Only need about 300 sq ft of space.

My Question To The Forum Is - As an Independent Agent do you work in an "office" environment or a home / home office?

Do you have office space not being used?

Does your space have room for a 8' x 16' Two Unit Call Center or 16' x 16' ( or 8' x 32' ) Four Unit Call Center. Not much space is needed and would only cost about $2500 for each seat with all the bells and whistles to make it happen. Less if you already the computers and chairs.

Anybody ever thought about it?

Tom

Are you talking about having telemarketers or insurance agents working in your call center? Training and managing a consistent flow of 4 hourly call center reps is more headache than I want to have. Plus, if you hire them, your talking workers compensation liability potential and the potential for getting sued if you let someone go for non-performance. If you bring them on from a temp agency, they're going to cost $15 an hour (agency needs a cut) and temp agencies aren't good at finding sales people. Then, you factor in 100% turnover annually, you're almost always going to be walking some green rep. through the process.

I would much rather pay a well rated telemarketing firm that already does this professionally to transfer me calls. It'll probably be cheaper and you can cut them off in a second if quality is low.

Of, course, that's just my opinion.

" Are you talking about having telemarketers or insurance agents working in your call center? "

It would be "your" Call Center and the seats are for Writing Insurance Agents. You either supply them with leads, they provide their own or you have a 3rd party handle the lead flow by utilizing Customer Service Reps and they handle all the mundane questions and qualifying efforts. By the time the Writing Agent gets the deal - it's either ready to close or needs a little tweaking . . . Closing Ratio of 1 outta 4 for call back leads and 1 outta 2 for live transfer leads is what we are seeing in our normal agent sales.

" I would much rather pay a well rated telemarketing firm that already does this professionally to transfer me calls. "

You can buy leads or buy live transfers from a lot of people. The key is getting quality "Pre-Qualified" leads and live transfers. Most lead companies don't ask a set of qualifying questions and determine if there is a genuine interest in getting coverage. You can do this organically by yourself - that way you control the quality and control the lead.

In the end - it is ALL about the leads . . .

Tom

" Continuous effort, not strength or intelligence, is the key to unlocking our potential - Winston Churchill "

I like that. Continuous Effort Is Key!

A call center will work if you take the proper steps to do it the correct way.

Remember the 6 P's of success

Proper
Prior
Planning
Prevents
Poor
Performance

Or just use this philosophy:

Keep your agents happy and everyone will be happy!!

9 Good Reasons To Become An Insurance Sales Call Center Operator :

#1 Reason - Low Overhead.

#2 Reason - No Inventory - Leads Come To You.

#3 Reason - Most People Need The Product.

#4 Reason - Feel Good Product - Impulse Buy.

#5 Reason - Helps People And Changes Lives.

#6 Reason - Strong Gross Sales Commissions.

#7 Reason - 4 Day Business Week - Free Time.

#8 Reason - In Business For Self - Not By Self.

#9 Reason - Quality Training & Marketing Support.

Tom

Ok Cowboy Way, lets address point by point..OK?

1) I have NO overhead, not some 10K pluss office rent like u have

2)i have no invertory either

3)No they don't... u said u attack a sector of the market and u said it is only the sick and fat.. uninsurables.. your words

4)Impulse buy equates to high cancelations and massive charge backs due to the fact that all commissions are advanced... also produces agents that operate under the wham bam thank you mam sales process

5)I help people now and get a big fat renewal check and have clients that need other products from me throughout their life

6)U yourself said the commissions are extremly low so u could pull this deal off... you said it was a trade off to get this deal to work

7)I have that now... most times... and i promise u if a client call in at 8 pm... you better handle it, so there u go with that 4 day work week

8)Im in business for myself... and no agency is tied to my comissions or has control of my applications like in your case... i own the biz from day one and dont have to worry about rolling the biz, however in your case u spoke about contracts and non compete clauses

9) im trained and dont need marketing support

Ok Cowboy Way, lets address point by point..OK?

1) I have NO overhead, not some 10K pluss office rent like u have

2)i have no invertory either

3)No they don't... u said u attack a sector of the market and u said it is only the sick and fat.. uninsurables.. your words

4)Impulse buy equates to high cancelations and massive charge backs due to the fact that all commissions are advanced... also produces agents that operate under the wham bam thank you mam sales process

5)I help people now and get a big fat renewal check and have clients that need other products from me throughout their life

6)U yourself said the commissions are extremly low so u could pull this deal off... you said it was a trade off to get this deal to work

7)I have that now... most times... and i promise u if a client call in at 8 pm... you better handle it, so there u go with that 4 day work week

8)Im in business for myself... and no agency is tied to my comissions or has control of my applications like in your case... i own the biz from day one and dont have to worry about rolling the biz, however in your case u spoke about contracts and non compete clauses

9) im trained and dont need marketing support

WOW! I couldn't have said it better myself.

I am so sick and tired of people on this board offering worthless platitudes. They have no meaning and help on one.

The six P's and the nine good reasons. :D

If a new agent does not have enough training, self confidence and extreme product knowledge then all those hollow statements don't mean a damn thing.

It is all bullshit as far as I'm concerned.

New agents need to learn the basics, develop good communication skills and learn to read the prospect's body language.

There are no "short cuts" and paying hundreds of dollars for "training" and "leads" is not going to make a new agent successful.

Back