Is This Advertisement Libelous?

1manshow

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pa
My local paper and the dinosaurs that run it say it is...and must be edited even more than we have already! Before I blow a gasket I thought I'd ask for input.

Attachments

• DanWilliams-Advertorial4_v5whistleblower.pdf
    275.3 KB · Views: 173
Why not just remove the named carriers and replace it with 3 large, well-known insurers - you see their names on tv everyday. Something like that. I would bet the newspaper doesn't want to get into a pissing match with other advertisers. Did they give you specifics on what they didn't like?

Well, my take, the company that fired him, their 15% increase just hadnt hit yet! LOL

It may not be libel, but it still may not be in the paper's best interest to run it. Depending on the size of the paper, a good lawsuit or blackball by the insurance companies can be enough to ruin it.

Hmmm so Travelers was a little upset with you Dan, huh? LOL I respect your honesty your rep must have been pissed but you were just saying facts. I dont see anything wrong with sharing facts but maybe consult your attorney first.

I like the way you do business I'm going to have to steal some these ideas.

I would use it as a referral letter to your current clients, offer them a reward, 2 movie tix or $10 gift card for anyone they know who has these companies....

Carriers raise rates and carriers lower rates... I have no idea what an agent thinks they have to gain by calling out one of their own companies in public like that. You just move any clients that are negatively affected by the rate change to other carriers you represent. If you have an agent contract... It means you work for the company. I don't blame Travelers for pulling your appointment. You can represent your clients interests individually without harming one of your companies public image. I would let it go before your other carriers think you are insane.

I'm assuming from your ad that the carrier that dumped you was named...Since your alert was techinically an ad I'm wondering if you where required to submit it for carrier approval.

Back