Aflac

AFLAC is like every other company if you do not abuse the system by rolling alot of business you will be fine. They will only stay in this market long enough to make money. When claims start hitting they will exit just like in 1995. They only want to make money not pay it out

Re: Aflac Kool Aid

With a jillion AFLAC captive agents, why do they need brokers for this product line?

There is enough HO sniping of agent business without inviting a carrier with a captive field force to get in bed with you.

Last edited:
AFLAC is just trying to boost U S sales. They are are not captive You are an associate. Short term Gain in production from Medd supp bus. They will cease all new bus by 2016 Broker bus is just a way to show sales Japan is their market

Smarco,
Most of their agents are worksite focused. Writing a few med supps will likely not be very appealing to them. I doubt they would come into many 65+ people other than those retiring, which could be a few. Their agents will have to get a med supp license also and have to learn the over 65 market. Doubt many are that interested.
R

In early 1990s many agents were selling Medd supp and LT C through Aflac. Pay was 44.00. The 28. 22 and finally 18.00 for med supp. They pulled the rug out of Medd supp and at that time many agents were making alot of money on Medd supp bus. They could care less. I wouldn't sell anything with them now. I still get my renewal ck but that is all they are a ruthless bunch

Oh boy. I am just starting with Aflac. So far it seems like a good idea...I'm nervous but since this is my first insurance gig, I gotta say I'm appreciating all the training, and they're pretty hands-on, just wondering if I can handle being such a "salesman". Cold-calling and knocking on doors seems like something for a 19 year old to be doing, not someone who's almost 40...

I started at 39 with AFLAC Take the training and branch out to other cos for life and Medd supp. Knocking on doors gets old after a while but the training is good. I worked in finance bus for 20 years before Aflac. You will be better off to sell other direct products

AFLAC is just trying to boost U S sales. They are are not captive You are an associate. Short term Gain in production from Medd supp bus. They will cease all new bus by 2016 Broker bus is just a way to show sales Japan is their market

This is just my second post so if I don't do this right, my apologies ahead of time. I was curious about your post and what you said about Aflac ceasing all new business by 2016 if I'm understanding your post correctly, please elaborate..
I have been an Aflac agent since 2006, and I'm branching out now to all other lines of business.

There are a great deal of reasons to buy a marketing list from me vs the phone book, although agents do both.

Somebody please tell me how this forum works? A week or so I got sent to the corner for "spamming", which I guess that means telling somebody what I do. Yet, Josh I see you all over the place selling leads. Is this an old boys club? How can you do it while the rest of us get the boot for saying nothing close to an out and out pitch? I really don't get it.

Back