Aflac

bfriz

So I drank the Aflac Koolaid and am now paying for it. My friend talked me into starting a career with Aflac here in OKC and 9 months later my wife is ready to divorce me due to almost zero income. I learned the hard way that Aflac churns and burns agents. I do think Aflac is a great product and I have seen big payouts in the last few months.
I don’t have a problem with cold calling business but it gets disappointing when you are the third Aflac agent in a week to walk in the door. I have learned the way to go is brokers; Aflac has policy of agents contacting agents, which is a no-no. But I know agents do it anyways. Any from suggestions from you guys on how to approach brokers?
I am trying to stick with Aflac but I am moving on to other ins, regular health and life insurance to get some income flowing before I am in divorce court.

Re: Aflac Kool Aid

When you say cold calling, is that all door knocking or do you actually pick up the phone and dial? If you go to FreeTelemarketingScripts.com and fill out the request for 50 free leads, mention this post and I'll double that and send you 100 for free to call through if you'd like. Might not be the solution to your problem, but when you can hit 100 offices without turning the key in your car it's a little less demoralizing, especially because there is no walk of shame.

I'm in a networking group with an Aflac broker and he has written quite a few for members in the group. He also mentioned he writes a lot of life and health. Might want to consider networking groups too. Good luck!

aflac is good for some training but knocking on doors with them is a waste of time. get in touch with a good FMO. Write life and Med Supp and get paid well

So I drank the Aflac Koolaid and am now paying for it. My friend talked me into starting a career with Aflac here in OKC and 9 months later my wife is ready to divorce me due to almost zero income. I learned the hard way that Aflac churns and burns agents. I do think Aflac is a great product and I have seen big payouts in the last few months.
I don’t have a problem with cold calling business but it gets disappointing when you are the third Aflac agent in a week to walk in the door. I have learned the way to go is brokers; Aflac has policy of agents contacting agents, which is a no-no. But I know agents do it anyways. Any from suggestions from you guys on how to approach brokers?
I am trying to stick with Aflac but I am moving on to other ins, regular health and life insurance to get some income flowing before I am in divorce court.

Another one bites the dust. Sorry for your situation. For 90% of the people AFLAC as a career is either a joke or a disaster. Go join AGLA or Metlife they will pay you a salary at the start.

I have never worked for aflac, but a buddy of mine did a few months ago and he seems to be having a rough time as well. I feel for all you aflac guys out there. That is one rough gig. Good luck to ya.

Get your P&C license, then go find a good agent to work for. If you've been door knocking for aflac and it aint working then try something else...just dont give up.

When you say cold calling, is that all door knocking or do you actually pick up the phone and dial? If you go to FreeTelemarketingScripts.com and fill out the request for 50 free leads, mention this post and I'll double that and send you 100 for free to call through if you'd like. Might not be the solution to your problem, but when you can hit 100 offices without turning the key in your car it's a little less demoralizing, especially because there is no walk of shame.

What's the benefit of paying for your cold leads when the phone book is free?

What's the benefit of paying for your cold leads when the phone book is free?

For a moment I thought you were joking, but it would appear not.

There are a great deal of reasons to buy a marketing list from me vs the phone book, although agents do both.

The phone book doesn't let you sort by demographics to target specifically the folks you want to OR scrub against the DNC. It's also nearly impossible to load into a dialer which means making cold calls take literally three times as long.

With business records, there are a good deal of businesses that aren't listed in the phone book and it will only sort them so far. It also won't allow you to sort them by employee size, get a mix of businesses, or sort them by zip code or other specific geography. This also has the same challenge with not being able to load them into a dialer.

There are a lot of other reasons why buying a list can make more sense than the phone book, but those are a few.

There are a lot of great free resources for insurance agents to prospect and the phone book is certainly one, but at a whopping $59/1,000 or $99/2,000, a great deal of agents rather work a targeted list that is extremely accurate vs chase the phone book.

.....There are a lot of great free resources for insurance agents to prospect and the phone book is certainly one, but at a whopping $59/1,000 or $99/2,000, a great deal of agents rather work a targeted list that is extremely accurate vs chase the phone book.

That is a good price and would well pay for itself in the time it saves.

Back