Agent to Broker Transition

Maggie113

Hi guys,

I'm an agent under Ma Mu ... I'm transitioning my investment business but I still have a bunch of fixed business in underwriting, some ready to deliver. I can't get a clear answer from the GA on what the broker payouts (namely the expenses payout) will be. I do have a brokerage director in another state willing to give me a very favorable deal, but they're not so sure about the existing business politics. Should I:

1) Turn in my resignation and assume that the GA will give in, if not somehow try to switch the business to the new broker (which may not work internally)

2) Wait to move until after I close the cases because I'm screwed otherwise. I'm at the mercy of the GA on this and don't expect anything more than the normal crappy payout

3) Get ready to pull the fixed business, talk to the client, and resubmit under the new broker

Thanks!!!

Id suggest getting paid on your pending business, then getting a different job all together. Do something you love, something you've always wanted to do, for 6-12 months. Then get back into this business, if you still want to...

Thanks but no thanks.

I love my job and I have GREAT relationship with clients. The problem is the a-holes in the ivory tower... what I don't like is paying scumbags 100% of what I'm paid for doing absolutely nothing, them pay none of the costs, nickel and dime, throw up obsticals to try and steal initiatives, rip off any way they can (like changing AUM splits without knowing) because they completely control the system. If you are not a scumbag like them them, then you don't belong and they will do whatever they can to ruin you passively as possible.

I did what everyone should do after a couple years. Persevere - Go figure how to close cases and keep what you make....the goal should always be to cut them out. If they were smart they would be better judge of talent. The fact is they have no talent, are gluttons , got lucky to fall into a total racket. Oh well their loss, it won't last and Karma is a $&tch.

See you on battlefield!

Looks that you were unlucky at that specific office. I would suggest interviewing at a different one or with the other mutuals. I know many people who are very satisfied and well compensated . If you want PM me and will give you some more info. By the way, I do not recruit.
And I would do #2 and wait to get paid.

Latest posts

Back