AGLA Vs. American General

Donovan Financial

Hey guys!

I'm new to the forum as a member, but I have been a fan for a long time.

I have a question regarding the relationship of AGLA and American General. Are these companies the same or totally different. There websites do not suggest a relationship, but I suspect that if I dug deep enough I could find a relationship somewhere.

I would appreciate an answer as well as any pros/cons to these companies.

Thanks,

Donovan

Not necessarily the same. I work for AGLA which is American General Life & Accident. Occasionally you come across an old policy that is plain American General but from what I've seen they started rebranding everything to AGLA in the early 90's.

There is also an American General Life Insurance Company which works with independent agents. They are owned by the same parent (AIG), but are separate entities. American General is based out of Houston and I believe AGLA is still based out of Nashville.

Not necessarily the same. I work for AGLA which is American General Life & Accident. Occasionally you come across an old policy that is plain American General but from what I've seen they started rebranding everything to AGLA in the early 90's.

How are you liking it so far..?

I'm loving it. I'm only about 5 months in but my Father has worked for AGLA for most of my childhood. Great training and great pay plan.

Having your dad as a mentor is an advantage most don't have. I enjoyed my time with them as well. Won trips to Hawaii and cocoa beach during my 3 years there. And I often miss the camraderie of all the guys. I was a detached agent though, only reported to the office once a month or so. I look back and think they shouldn't have let me be detached because it taught me I really don't need anyone to motivate me.

So who do I need to get contracted with to get the Accidental policy? (Website) AmGen turned me down. But yet I have plenty of others. Seems like I run across people looking at AmGen for term policies all the time because people like the price and it fits in their budget.

I know AGLA used to sell an accident policy. Not sure if they contract with independents or not. Years ago they had a program whereby independents could contract and sell some of their products. Not sure if they still offer it though.

It looks like American General Life (formerly AIG Life) does sell an accident policy as well. If you are appointed with them I would think you could sell any of their life and health products with that appointment. Generally you need to go through a FMO to get appointed with them.

So who do I need to get contracted with to get the Accidental policy? (Website) AmGen turned me down. But yet I have plenty of others. Seems like I run across people looking at AmGen for term policies all the time because people like the price and it fits in their budget.

If I were you, I would contact HCO. Ask for Eric Hartmeister.

You can get appointed with AGLA by contacting any area manager or a special rep manager. If you would like to know who the special rep manager is in your area, tell me your zip code and I will give you their contact information

Back