AIL Has a Good Gig Going!!

VaDwayne

Guru
1000 Post Club
As some know, I volunteer with a local rescue squad here in Virginia. I received a letter from the Virginia Association of Volunteer Rescue Squads yesterday that stated that I have $3000 of life insurance because of my volunteer status. It is underwitten by AIL (in small print) and they would be getting in contact with me to set-up a time to bring my certificate over to my home, of course I'm going to be upsold.

If a person is a good salesperson they could make out like a bandit because EVERY EMS volunteer in the state of Virginia received this letter.

GREAT MARKETING IDEA!! They may be a sucky company but this was a good strategy.

Read the letter again. Did you get $3,000 in life insurance, or accidental death insurance?

Admittedly, AD&D may have more value to an EMS, but it is still AD&D versus life insurance.

As some know, I volunteer with a local rescue squad here in Virginia. I received a letter from the Virginia Association of Volunteer Rescue Squads yesterday that stated that I have $3000 of life insurance because of my volunteer status. It is underwitten by AIL (in small print) and they would be getting in contact with me to set-up a time to bring my certificate over to my home, of course I'm going to be upsold.

If a person is a good salesperson they could make out like a bandit because EVERY EMS volunteer in the state of Virginia received this letter.

GREAT MARKETING IDEA!! They may be a sucky company but this was a good strategy.

yea.....they got it going on alright.......

American Income Life Sues Google Over Search Results

Credit unions do it too. I took my free 2500 in AD&D and they always send letters to up it for xx.xx amount of dollars.

It's a great strategy. AIL really isn't as bad a deal as most folks make it out to be.

Read the letter again. Did you get $3,000 in life insurance, or accidental death insurance?

Admittedly, AD&D may have more value to an EMS, but it is still AD&D versus life insurance.

I don't know what type of coverage because I threw the letter in the trash and don't really need an agent to comeover, but the point I was trying to make was the fact that an agent that likes AIL, maybe a new guy, would have many opportunities to get into peoples homes to upsell.

I don't know how many volunteers there are in Virginia but that is a lot of prospects to work. I wonder if agents have to pay for those names?

VA,

Why dont YOU use this to YOUR advantage, most of the people you volunteer with surely have to know what you can do

VA,

Why dont YOU use this to YOUR advantage, most of the people you volunteer with surely have to know what you can do

Good idea and already done. I have all of my friends that are in EMS and on Facebook grouped together so my other friends don't get messages the couldn't care less about.

I sent out a message to all of them to give them the heads up and to call me before doing anything. To be totally honest, I barely have enough time in the day to work commercial insurance so I'm not too interested in adding more work. My 60-70 hour a week days a long gone.

Why didn't you take the $3k free AD&D? Did they say they had to come out and speak with you in order for you to get it?

The way it works they have to come out to give you the certificate. They do it with unions, credit unions, etc. When I was with AIL they gave you 20-30 preset appointment each week. The trouble was they were all in the evening and I worked areas sometimes 2 hours drive away. 4 hours driving, five appointments, and home at midnight my wife did not like.

Back