Alfa, State Farm, Allstate?

haynes36

I did an internship with Northwestern mutual in college, I have my L&H license, and I've done direct sales for a little over a year now. I'm looking to get back into the insurance industry and I've been "recruited" by a couple companies like State Farm and Allstate. From what I've read (I'm from Alabama) Alfa seems to be the most solid throughout and they give you somewhat of a salary the first couple years in the business and more times than not you start with a book of business. I was curious what you guys might know about Alfa or what would be the best company to start out with? Thanks, this is my first post.

I did an internship with Northwestern mutual in college, I have my L&H license, and I've done direct sales for a little over a year now. I'm looking to get back into the insurance industry and I've been "recruited" by a couple companies like State Farm and Allstate. From what I've read (I'm from Alabama) Alfa seems to be the most solid throughout and they give you somewhat of a salary the first couple years in the business and more times than not you start with a book of business. I was curious what you guys might know about Alfa or what would be the best company to start out with? Thanks, this is my first post.
you will need the salary insurance is tuff these days go back to college

State Farm and Allstate have been calling everyone for a long time. I kicked the tires on both about 7 years ago. I am a 22 year veteran of the industry. In my opinion it would be a mistake to sign up with either. They have agents everywhere and their goal is for an agent to eventually make about $100,000 a year and I don't think that that is net of the expenses that you need to pay. You are primarily selling property and casualty insurance. (Your internship is with a life company). Between their commoditized product line and their having agents overlapping each other I would run from those conversations.

They are also trying to get into the investment business with a third world investment platform. It's a dud.

Their model is a lot of work on a lot of small transactions.

Get your MBA.

State Farm and Allstate have been calling everyone for a long time. I kicked the tires on both about 7 years ago. I am a 22 year veteran of the industry. In my opinion it would be a mistake to sign up with either. They have agents everywhere and their goal is for an agent to eventually make about $100,000 a year and I don't think that that is net of the expenses that you need to pay. You are primarily selling property and casualty insurance. (Your internship is with a life company). Between their commoditized product line and their having agents overlapping each other I would run from those conversations.

They are also trying to get into the investment business with a third world investment platform. It's a dud.

Their model is a lot of work on a lot of small transactions.

Get your MBA.

If you decide to do insurance find a different opportunity.

Back