For All You PNC People Out There

TylerP

Expert
Hey guys,

I am about a week away from wrapping up all my appointments and I am officially going to be in business. Everything is setup and ready to go. Referral process ready, quote process ready, "Jump Start" list ready, pipelines are set and I am pumped. Now with all that, I plan on getting off to a fast start and a fast start for a new agent (with no employees just yet) can mean missing out on the small details, especially regarding retention, over the next couple of years.

My question to you agents with an existing book is what's your process with meeting with your customers on an annual basis? Or do you do it bi-annually? I plan on picking two letters from the alphabet per month and making sure I call and go over coverage's at least once a year. This is a meeting with ZERO sales intention. If something pops up, we schedule another meeting.

I was just wondering if anyone meets with their insured's more than once per year.

I like to call my clients on their renewal...auto and home...that way I speak with them 3 times a year.

I also send a card on one of the holidays.

When making the phone calls, I intentionally try to call at times they are hopefully not available to answer the phone. Voicemail is my friend in this situation. I can leave a nice short message and move on to the next call.

My basic message is "I was reviewing a report and noticed your policy renews this week. Just thought I would use that as an excuse to see how life is treating you. Hope all is well. Please let me know if I can help you in any way. Thank you."

If they do answer,I basically say the same thing but I will use my notes to ask about something/someone specific to them. Taking five minutes with them may seem like a chore when you have another 15 calls to make but it solidifies the relationship.

Consistently making these calls generally produces 33% more client referrals the following month.

What are "PNC People"? PNC Bank?

If you're a Property and Casualty agent, the correct term would be P&C Agent.

I thought it would be implied due to the context of my post. I guess I assumed wrong in your case, so I apologize. I obviously wasn't referring to "PNC" Bank in my post.

The guy below you got it, so I wasn't too far off the mark, huh? ;)

SecondCreek, I appreciate the feedback. I definitely plan on doing something for the holidays and I like the 3 touch system based off of renewals. Might have to implement something like that in my business plan. And yeah, my focus on doing this would obviously be retention but that 33% for referrals is huge as well.

I was just making sure you didn't think it was PNC. I can see how you might not know since you're new. Sort of like a song you sing for years and then you find out you've been singing it wrong all the while.....I didn't want you to face that embarrassment.

Hey guys,

I am about a week away from wrapping up all my appointments and I am officially going to be in business. Everything is setup and ready to go. Referral process ready, quote process ready, "Jump Start" list ready, pipelines are set and I am pumped. Now with all that, I plan on getting off to a fast start and a fast start for a new agent (with no employees just yet) can mean missing out on the small details, especially regarding retention, over the next couple of years.

My question to you agents with an existing book is what's your process with meeting with your customers on an annual basis? Or do you do it bi-annually? I plan on picking two letters from the alphabet per month and making sure I call and go over coverage's at least once a year. This is a meeting with ZERO sales intention. If something pops up, we schedule another meeting.

I was just wondering if anyone meets with their insured's more than once per year.

There's no reason for it to be a meeting with no purpose for a sale. I'm not talking about pushing a product the client doesn't need, but you'd be amazed how often you can and should add-on or increase coverage. I write the majority of my umbrellas and personal article from those types of meetings. Just don't present it like a low mileage Toyota.

Agree with Verb.

We Sell Insurance. You need to add premium to the account.

The sole purpose of the annual review is too:

Document that you offered it.
Document the result.

You need a check list to go thru for both home and auto. keep it simple.

If they decline a review, document it.

You should get referrals from each one too.

Cross sell all your lines.

Remember - We Sell Insurance.

Good Selling,

Dave

I thought it would be implied due to the context of my post. I guess I assumed wrong in your case, so I apologize. I obviously wasn't referring to "PNC" Bank in my post.

The guy below you got it, so I wasn't too far off the mark, huh? ;)

SecondCreek, I appreciate the feedback. I definitely plan on doing something for the holidays and I like the 3 touch system based off of renewals. Might have to implement something like that in my business plan. And yeah, my focus on doing this would obviously be retention but that 33% for referrals is huge as well.

I have a meeting with PNC bank so I jumped on for possible insight! :D

Agree with Verb.

We Sell Insurance. You need to add premium to the account.

The sole purpose of the annual review is too:

Document that you offered it.
Document the result.

You need a check list to go thru for both home and auto. keep it simple.

If they decline a review, document it.

You should get referrals from each one too.

Cross sell all your lines.

Remember - We Sell Insurance.

Good Selling,

Dave

Yeah, I understand that part. I suppose I was a little vague when I said if something occurs out of it, we will reschedule. People aren't dumb and like you said, everyone knows we sell insurance. A lot of times, people will assume these reviews will be just that, a chance for us to push more insurance on them. I understand adding an umbrella if need be or adjusting limits where I honestly think they are underinsured, or any other scenario like that but I mean I am going to make an honest effort not to sale at that point.

Of course, I will offer up my services and show the customer what I do as an agent and lines I can bring to the table. I am firm believer in life insurance for everyone, even young single people because I believe there is always a necessity, even if it's just acquiring insurability so things like that will be routine. But in general, I am sticking to my "no sales "philosophy. Worked with the top agent in Kansas at State Farm for years and have read many books from top agents in certain captive companies and having a review that is actually more about the review without a hidden agenda can go a long way in the eyes of your insured's. At least, that's what I took from sitting through IFR's and my reading so far.

But I definitely understand the concept of striking if it's there and all my insured's will know what I sale and if it's my duty to bring it up and it just so happens to add premium to the account, that will happen too.

I'm new, so i'll let you fellas know how it turns out in a few years ;)

Latest posts

Back