Allstate Buy's Esurance

Thanks. I was thinking along those lines back when I was working on a case and looking up the liability umbrella limits on AAA's website.

The real lesson here is:

While we try to educate our prospects, many prospects don't want an education, they simply want fast, easy, cheap, and frequently, no involvement from pesky salesmen.

This happens to include other salesmen.

John isn't exactly my ideal client, he knows more than I do about auto insurance. From his posts on this thread, if he was in my office for a quote, I would quote it without encouraging a few extra discounts, hoping he goes to esurance for coverage. Not worth the headache for me to save him some money.

It always amazes me how people will talk themselves out of saving any money, while professing to try to get the best deal possible.

Dan

I just had a very ironic phone call....a woman who is insured with Esurance just contact ME to ask ME, an agent, an insurance question...she then tried to tell me how she used Esurance because nobody can give her a better rate and she doesn't need an agent.

Well....She's coming in next Wed to sign an application....took about 20 minutes to make the sale...saved her $33 a month with higher limits. I love these types of calls!

I read last night that Esurance has a whopping .2% or .002 of the auto insurance market share. I know that Allstate is really desparate to grow another distribution model, but that seems like alot of money ($1 billion) for this distribution model. Big win for shareholders of Esurance! I bet .2% equates to only 300,000 to 400,000 auto policies. Thoughts anyone? I would assume the book of business is liability only with minimum limits and a low retention rate.

esurance doesn't explain what the person is buying,it all comes down to risk! and the illusion of saving money!

One of my poker buddies is a personal injury lawyer ... if you don't have high limits he will clean you out and have no remorse when he cleans you out of everything you have worked for in your life!

One of my poker buddies is a personal injury lawyer ... if you don't have high limits he will clean you out and have no remorse when he cleans you out of everything you have worked for in your life!

I think your bluffing
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I agree 110%

THX for your brilliant observation :goofy::skeptical::swoon:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back