Am I the Only A.P. Screwed by Farmers Agent?

William76

Expert
Was an A.P. for a Farmers Agent for a short time. He seemed to have found an excuse to terminate my employment, which is the side issue. My question is, how many A.P.s (or even Agency Owners) for Farmers have found you were used to generate leads for up to 1 year or so, then let go for reasons you found to be B.S.? They do keep your leads and continue to solicit, don't they?

Was an A.P. for a Farmers Agent for a short time. He seemed to have found an excuse to terminate my employment, which is the side issue. My question is, how many A.P.s (or even Agency Owners) for Farmers have found you were used to generate leads for up to 1 year or so, then let go for reasons you found to be B.S.? They do keep your leads and continue to solicit, don't they?
The good thing is...now you know how to go out and generate leads. (hopefully beyond a warm market.)

That's a valuable skill you can take anywhere.

The good thing is...now you know how to go out and generate leads. (hopefully beyond a warm market.)

That's a valuable skill you can take anywhere.

I get that that's possibly a joke, but either way it's SO sad. Am I naïve to think the world shouldn't work that way? I don't want to hijack my own thread. Just saying.

I get that that's possibly a joke, but either way it's SO sad. Am I naïve to think the world shouldn't work that way? I don't want to hijack my own thread. Just saying.

Why would that be a joke. That skill could make you wealthy.

Your current situation is what it is. Drink a little, break something, scream into your pillow, then get on with it. There are a crap load of people that would love to be where you are. Get to it.

AP is agency producer.

In almost every sales job, you are the golden boy as long as the leads / sales flow well. Once the leads and especially the sales slow down, you become yesterdays news. Just a fact of life in sales jobs.

The good news is, you go to your next sales job and do it all over again.

thomasm was absolutely correct in what he said and no, it wasn't a joke at all, it is the way sales works.

Dan

Why would that be a joke. That skill could make you wealthy.

Your current situation is what it is. Drink a little, break something, scream into your pillow, then get on with it. There are a crap load of people that would love to be where you are. Get to it.

Isn't the pillow screaming part while they are screwing you?

If you're paid a salary to generate leads, the leads you generate are for the company. Whether you continue to work there or not, those become their property. If you want a different arrangement, going independent is the way to go.

Devil's advocate here, if you where doing great generating leads that closed I don't think most agents would be silly enough to fire someone making them money, but if you let a producer go it'd be wasted money to not continue to work the pipeline the agent paid to have built.

Of course they do.

The good news is, unless your conract prevents you from doing so, those leads you didn't convert are now your first new leads in your next endeavor.

Back