Antique Insurance Books

waterwheel

Expert
Hey,

I'm clearing out my entire collection of antique insurance books, right to the bare walls. I figured some of you folks would find this material interesting.

This is one of two books I've got on ebay right now (Can't post two url's so you'll have to view my auctions).

Conspiracies and Stratagems to Defraud Life Insurance Companies (1896)
cgi.ebay.com/Conspiracies-Defraud-Life-Insurance-Cos-1896-/230560175358?pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item35ae7514fe

I've got a lot of other books that are of interest to insurance agents/brokers. Some of them are written by agents, some are agent related material (I've got an agent's license from 1928) some are books on sales technicques. Most range in age from the late 1800's to early 1900's. Here's an incomplete list of the one's I'll be ebaying over the next few weeks:
Addresses and Papers on Life Insurance and Other Subjects
Elements of Life Insurance, 2nd ed.
Yale Readings in Insurance (Life Insurance)
Mortality Statistics of Insured Wage Earners and their Families
Life Assurance by a Lady
Insurance at Piney Woods
Report of the Superintedent of the Insurance
Life Insurance Examination
Taxation, life insurance policies
Wills, Trusts, and Estates
The economics of life insurance
The Sociology of life insurance
The Mathematical Theory of Investment (and life insurance)
Mathematics of Life Insurance
Construction of Mortality and Sickness tables (Life Insurance)
Terminal Reserves and Net Premiums (Life Insurance)
An Introduction to the theory of life contingencies
Wisconsin Insurance Report (Fire and Marine Insurance)
Cost of Insurance American Experience
Analyzing Life Situations for Insurance Needs
Life Insurance Income Settlements
Life Insurance as a Life Work
Sales Methods of 22 Life Insurance Field Men
Constructive Salesmanship (Life Insurance)
Wanted, A Man! (Life Insurance)
The Business of Life Insurance
Total Disability Benefits in Life Insurance
Comparative Reserve Tables
Joint Life Commutation Columns (Life Insurance)_
Canadian Handbook of Pension and Welfare Plans
Life Insurance Manual
Modern Business (Insurance)
What Life Insurance Is and Does

Interesting Sunday! Miller (Pitt) might miss the next game so you may need to find a one-week replacement. Celek is available in many leagues and he's starting to get more looks....Re James Starks...Should you pick him up? If you have room, then yes. But He's not the feature GB back...yet.

sounds interesting waterwheel,

i am very excited about your news. hope i can buy one of those cause my father loves to collect old item.

Reminder - the auctions for those two books close Sunday!

I also expect to put up 20-50 more insurance books on Sunday, so watch my ebay userid auctions - there's lots of interesting sales rep books!

Many of the books I've listed are more actuarial in nature. My background is both actuarial and retail - so I've got a lot of retail level antique items as well. Most of them are not yet listed, they'll go out in the next lot. You'll find more of them interesting. Stuff like 1920's agent licenses, old policies, copies of sales magazines, etc.

I actually found the descendents of some early 1900's insurance policies that I picked up (we're talking premiums of a penny a month, industrial stuff) and offered them the policies. Got no response back unfortunately. though in retrospect maybe that was a bit creepy.

I actually found the descendents of some early 1900's insurance policies that I picked up (we're talking premiums of a penny a month, industrial stuff) and offered them the policies. Got no response back unfortunately. though in retrospect maybe that was a bit creepy.

Yes, yes it was very creepy.

You better bid quick, its up to $25!
That book? It might go for $25, $250 or $2500. The book is worth the $25 if you ignore the content. But the content is so unique and cool that it's really a matter of who's bidding on it. I personally bought it in a bidding war, it was one of the more expensive books in my collection. But it's only worth that to someone who wants the unique content (you won't ever see a book with that stuff again).

Back