Any Debit Agents Left?

stormtracker

Guru
1000 Post Club
Are the old debit agencies still around? I used to work for American National. I have been told of a recent upheaval at Reliable. Just curious, as those old debit agent days are missed!

Heard they had changed their contracts a couple of years ago. "Friends" at Reliable had told me that their debit agents could make good money before the contract changes...

I know they closed their Columbia, MO. office about 2 or 2 1/2 years ago. Laid off all the agents in central MO.

The only agent that made good money, that I knew of was an agent from Bowling Green, MO. He ranked in the top 10 nation wide with Reliable.

I hated going back to the same house or apartment 5 or 6 times in the same month for a $27 payment. I guess about 70% of the poeple paid on time. Had some really nice folks. Also had some deadbeats.

I am in the process of leaving a debit now. Hopefully, I won't miss it at all.

I was with Union National. At one time they were a top notch company and an agent could make a lot of money working for them. Then it changed for the worse. I liked some parts of the job, especially spending time with the older people on my route. However, to really make money in Insurance, strictly focusing on selling looks like a much better way to me.

I am finding out now, especially from some people I have met on this forum that I can spend my time selling, without prospecting, and make more money per sale without all the debit hassles. I now have an opportunity to make six figures and I have never met anyone making that in the debit world.

All the debit agents I've ever known (including me) never made much money. The funniest thing was a new agent that would pull up on his debit with a brand new car. Experienced debit agents have a dedicated "debit car." Kinda like a snow car up north. American National used to have an old geezer that was president of home service. Every now and then he would come lecture us on how to make $1000 a week. We'd all try to keep a straight face while he ranted. Sure, you could make good money if your book was big enough-- but as soon as it got that big they would split it up. Our resulting motto: this is the best paying part time job there is...

Stormtracker, I see you are still in the business and I was wondering if you stayed with life insurance or went a different direction.

On one of the threads in the life insurance section, one of the guys was telling funny stories about debit agents. They were pretty good. The post was not about debit agents, I hope he posts them on this thread.

Back