Any Good Pet Insurance Companies?

dvd493

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I know this is off the subject for human insurance. But, my dog just had his second root canal in 3 years. This time is cost me over 1,000. I'd like to find some kind of relief in pet insurance if someone can direct me to a good company please.

Thank You,

dvd493 said:
I know this is off the subject for human insurance. But, my dog just had his second root canal in 3 years. This time is cost me over 1,000. I'd like to find some kind of relief in pet insurance if someone can direct me to a good company please.

Thank You,

A doggie root canal! Ouch, I think my dog would of had his tooth pulled.

James,

That was my thought the first time around. Then the doggie dentist told me dog teeth are not like human teeth. She said they are connected to the jaw bone and have very deep roots. It would have been a lot of sawing and cutting to have a tooth removed. It sounded pretty bad and had a much longer recovery period plus, no tooth. These root canals have both been on the big teeth in the front. This dog loves to play tug a war and catch balls so it wasn't a good solution.

dvd493 said:
James,

That was my thought the first time around. Then the doggie dentist told me dog teeth are not like human teeth. She said they are connected to the jaw bone and have very deep roots. It would have been a lot of sawing and cutting to have a tooth removed. It sounded pretty bad and had a much longer recovery period plus, no tooth. These root canals have both been on the big teeth in the front. This dog loves to play tug a war and catch balls so it wasn't a good solution.

Did he also have to get Crowns? If he did you should of got him/her Gold ones! :D

I'm sorry but if my dog pulled that, he be meeting Mr. Shot and go to sleep for a long long time.

Or do this, go ask your Vet which insurance companies he sees at his practice.

Listen, there is just a lot of ways to do it. Usually googling or asking a Vet will get you what you are asking for with little frustration such as spending two days here asking about something most here don't mess with. Of course IMHO only.

You should check out pet magazines at your local Barnes&Noble, Borders, or similar bookstore. Usually there are ads in there for pet insurance. To many people their pets are considered part of the family in contrast to the sharp words of James reply. Good luck! :D

I think most of it is sold direct and not through agents. Bad mistake, because when I looked at it years ago it seemed more complex than health insurance. If there are companies out there that will appoint agents, it could be a moneymaker. I don't know of anyone in the area that sells pet insurance and some people would let themselves starve in order to buy something for their pets.

Latest posts

Back