Any Info on Eagle Agency, SIAA, Smart Choice or Agent Secure?

tommwh

I'm an Captive agent looking to go independent. I'm starting to research and speak to these 4 companies to see which one fits best for me. I'm looking for some help and insight from agency owners who've used 1 of these companies or 1 that I may not be looking into.

Thank you

I too are in the similar situation, been a captive for past 4 years looking to grow my business and go the Indy route. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Since you have experience selling P&C, you should check-out all theaggregator groups, as part of your due-diligence but make sure you also look intothe Iroquois Group program. Check their website and you can eithercall their main office in NY or you can find the names of their respective State Reps onthe site and give them a call. Their commission splits are fair, they are lesscostly than most of their competitors and they do not take an equity bite ofyour agency, in terms of ownership hooks.

Also check out the site of a frequent contributor to these Insurance Forums,namely: Agency Equity. They provide a tremendous amount of very valuableinformation for agents like yourself.

Ask a lot of questions of all of them you are considering. Demand clear answers. Ask for references of agents in your State who are already using them. Call them and ask them to talk to you about their experiences. Create an Excel worksheet for yourself, with columns across the top indicating the important items, like ownership of the business, initial costs to you, on-going costs, commission splits, terms for getting out, markets to which you will have access, how you will be accessing them, etc. Then list the names of the respective aggregators down the left side of the spreadsheet and make your notes after talking to each.

Best of good fortune.

AE, I must say, you have come a long way on your website. It is now the go to website for P&C information.

I appreciate the kind words, however I would prefer to narrow it down P&C Information for future and current insurance agency principals. We also do have some L&H material, more recently articles on how Obamacare effects your agency as well as opportunities it presents. L&H may be an expansion point as some later date. Thank you for the feedback.

Has anyone compiled a comparison of the various agency networks, P&C groups, Franchisors,etc.? I realize that there are significant variations by State and even by jurisdictions within each State. I had a general comparison spreadsheet that I developed about a year ago but cannot locate it. If I do, I will share it here.
Would appreciate any relative info...

To: Joe at Agency Equity...you have a great site. I will check it for info I am seeking.

Thanks...Phil

Back