Any Other Ameri-life Ex Agents Not Getting Renewals?

AMERILIFE X

I am a vested ex captive agent for Amerilife and stopped getting my renewals last December 2012, I was a top producer and had my picture posted in their ridiculous magazine over four times, once on the cover... to inquire of my lapse in renewals; first call they claimed they switched software and it does a different method of accounting. After calling the second time they claim I had a chargeback from UHC, which is impossible as I haven't written a UHC policy in 2 years, and they pay as earned... I know two other ex Amerilifers and they claim they haven't gotten checks either. Are they screwing everyone or just a select few?

I will be checking the mail today for an Amerilife renewal check- have not seen one for 3 weeks.

Of course, the dog and pony show known as Steak & Beans is coming up so the usual MO is to withhold commissions for weeks prior in order to bolster checks given out that night to impress the Insurance company execs and new recruits.

You know the drill. Then again, most of your business could have been replaced by now by some poor, new, desperate Amerilife recruit and his hungry for leads, branch leader.

I know for a fact all my business has not been replaced, med supps and MAs, I'm still friends with some of my customers. I do know they have given out my customers names and addresses as leads, heck, they used to do that at meetings while I was present! My General Manager was the biggest culprit of all, he not only went in the field, he would visit my customers homes and sell them additional products without even a split. When leads were handed out in the morning, he cherry-picked them. And when it came to seminars, the agents paid 100% for them and pocketing the money. I knew the GM was getting reimbursement for seminars because I had a good relationship with the secretary and I only told a select few. so never gave them... I always refused to play their ridiculous games. I only attended 2 "steak and beans" idiotic display of grown men and women acting like seals, clapping and cheering for "the show" the GM didn't like me much, but I was the top producer. But there has got to be legal ramifications for withholding checks for that BS event.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sorry to answer your question, I don't know what they pay on renewals, that sounds ignorant, but they purposely make the statements Astro physicist level of confusing, checks almost seem random, when you do get a statement it has internal tracking numbers with the companies names, so the agents can't see who it is. They claim my blues (employment contract) say I'm only entitled to 50% of renewals, but I'm going to look into that.
Honestly, with there extreme lack of integrity to put it lightly, I was surprised to get anything.

Last edited:
No Amerilife check on Saturday- 4th week in a row.. When is their ridiculous Steak & Beans- anyone know?

I usually get what is akin to gas $$$.

Let's see if Clearwater is still holding commissions until Steak and Beans.

If I was a gambler, I'd bet it all on yes, but I am an insurance producer so I always go with the sure thing and I will hold judgement until after the mail arrives this afternoon.

Steak and Beans is March 16, I called my old office talked to the secretary, and she says a lot of my biz is still on the books.

I know of quite a bit of my business that is still on the books and I am due commissions-no bond balance here.

Tons of it is being rolled-I run into people all over town who tell me an Amerilife agent showed up at their door unannounced to "adopt" them because thier agent left Amerilife- or worse yet, two Amerilife agents!

Last edited:
Never been with amerilife but how can any company be justified in withholding commissions that thier agents need to pay bills just to present larger checks at a special event.

I have to assume the contract makes no mention of the timeframe commissions are paid.

Back