Anyone Deal with Lifetel Web or Lifetelinsure.com?

Good Afternoon Folks! New to all this including Lifetel. Not having any luck with my free leads, I have worked them to death! Looking at buying A leads:)
s next week. Thoughts?

Scroll through the early pages of this thread Bama44, lots of posts on the leads. Most have good things to say about the A leads. I'm new myself, hopefully I'll have leads this week.

Good Afternoon Folks! New to all this including Lifetel. Not having any luck with my free leads, I have worked them to death! Looking at buying A leads:)
s next week. Thoughts?

Hello Bama :) Free leads are fine, but "Man cannot live by free leads alone". Before long, you've got to get yourself working on some freshy's. Should make all of the difference in the world for you.

Hey MikeyV

Do people actually call you MikeyV in your day to day life? lol...Anyway, I finally got started with Lifetel about three weeks ago. How long was it before you purchased leads? I working the free leads and boy is it brutal and that's putting it lightly -- I'm sure you remember! I did my first pre-app and have to complete a paper app as this is my first submission. Now I can't get a hold of the lady--bummer. Other than purchasing fresh leads, how does one stay sane if its not in the budget in the beginning?(this statement may be an oxymoron)lol

Hey guys,

Just joined up with Lifetel this weekend..got my initial training materials and am working through them...The initial training consists of a series of video podcasts provided in the .mov file format.

I had never encountered a .mov file before, so I had to do a bit of legwork to find software that would actually play BOTH the audio and video portion of the file....the Windows Media player only plays the audio portion of the file. I also tried another media player I have installed on my laptop - VLC media player - and it, too would only play the audio portion of the .mov file.

After a bit of research, I discovered that if you open a .mov file with INTERNET EXPLORER, then the IE BROWSER will play both the audio and video. You have to actually OPEN the file with the IE program by right clicking on the downloaded file, and then IE opens the file and displays it properly. I don't know if .mov files work with MICROSOFT EDGE or not.

It was not immediately obvious to that the .mov file needed to be opened in an IE browser because I am a CHROME user, and I only use Microsoft browsers as a last resort, when I encounter problems with displaying a page in CHROME. Furthermore, it was not clear to me that a .mov media file would need to be displayed in a browser at all, rather than a standard media player app.

At any rate, I got it working, and I'd appreciate any of you guys letting me know if you have knowledge of an actual media player that will play .mov files easily.

I'll keep you guys posted on my Newbie experience with Lifetel as I work my way through their new agent training an onboarding! I am optimistic :biggrin:

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Just joined up with Lifetel this weekend..got my initial training materials and am working through them...The initial training consists of a series of video podcasts provided in the .mov file format.

I had never encountered a .mov file before, so I had to do a bit of legwork to find software that would actually play BOTH the audio and video portion of the file....the Windows Media player only plays the audio portion of the file. I also tried another media player I have installed on my laptop - VLC media player - and it, too would only play the audio portion of the .mov file.

After a bit of research, I discovered that if you open a .mov file with INTERNET EXPLORER, then the IE BROWSER will play both the audio and video. You have to actually OPEN the file with the IE program by right clicking on the downloaded file, and then IE opens the file and displays it properly. I don't know if .mov files work with MICROSOFT EDGE or not.

It was not immediately obvious to that the .mov file needed to be opened in an IE browser because I am a CHROME user, and I only use Microsoft browsers as a last resort, when I encounter problems with displaying a page in CHROME. Furthermore, it was not clear to me that a .mov media file would need to be displayed in a browser at all, rather than a standard media player app.

At any rate, I got it working, and I'd appreciate any of you guys letting me know if you have knowledge of an actual media player that will play .mov files easily.

I'll keep you guys posted on my Newbie experience with Lifetel as I work my way through their new agent training an onboarding! I am optimistic :biggrin:

Hello brownbenefit :) I have no idea if this helps you at all, but I bought a new laptop when I joined LifeTel early last year (HP), I run everything on just normal Internet Explorer and the videos all automatically played fine, both video and sound. Having said that, I remember trying to watch some of them on my old desktop and they wouldn't play at all. On Elly's suggestion, I searched and downloaded a free .Mov file viewer I found online for Windows and after the download and a restart they played both video and sound fine on my desktop also. That might be a possible fix for you.

Thanks Mikeyv7....I also discovered that my ADOBE READER plays .mov files as well...who knew?

So now I am digesting the 14 podcasts/webinars that were provide me by Lifetel, and am starting my contracting with two of their preferred carriers. The 14 podcasts consist of 5 sessions on various products, 5 on selling, and 4 on systems - how to quote, how to submit apps, exams, etc.

I am learning lots, and can't wait to get appointed and start working the phones!

Hello all,

I've been lurking this thread for a couple weeks now. I signed up with lifetel two weeks ago and just finished my pre license course. Getting ready to set up my exam time for some time next week.

Really looking forward to getting my license and being trained on the product. Thank you all that provided some usfeful feedback.

Good luck to everyone out there. Look forward to being a part of the team soon.

Hello all,

I've been lurking this thread for a couple weeks now. I signed up with lifetel two weeks ago and just finished my pre license course. Getting ready to set up my exam time for some time next week.

Really looking forward to getting my license and being trained on the product. Thank you all that provided some usfeful feedback.

Good luck to everyone out there. Look forward to being a part of the team soon.

Hey Legendary :) Who did LifeTel put you through for your license course was it ExamFX or Prelicense.com?

Back