Anyone Deal with Lifetel Web or Lifetelinsure.com?

I have a NC non resident license and I work a good amount of NC leads. I didn't pick up a SC license, because I heard that product and some rider approvals can be a little tricky. I don't really know directly if that's true or not, though. You could have a very wide open market there, for all I know. Go hit it hard!

How many agents do you all have roughly?

It seems like a really smart business model that I see being used in two other companies in the insurance world and I have heard about other industries doing the same.

I would think that there is a limit to how many people could be brought on though unless I'm missing something.

Cash, I just finished the training. I don't know the number of agents. But some people can answer you. They have been in the company for more than a year.

Hi, all.

Considering LifeTel here, and spent most of last evening reading the thread. Didn't see this, so asking now. Does anyone know what IMO LifeTel is affiliated with? Thanks!

Hi, all.

Considering LifeTel here, and spent most of last evening reading the thread. Didn't see this, so asking now. Does anyone know what IMO LifeTel is affiliated with? Thanks!

They work with a handful, as I've always understood it. But I also know that Levinson is, and has always really been, their primary relationship.

Also, LifeTel has a lot of agents these days. As has been posted through the thread here, they made a big, big push on the management end this year and Mike V is just one of many of those folks. They have a great model for it, actually. And, hey, lots of room to grow, when you take into consideration a whole country, multiple lead systems, multiple markets, nearly every carrier to write, etc. I'm interested in their management side, but I've mostly chickened out up to this point, because I'm afraid of, on my own, tanking my personal production by losing focus :err:

Thanks for your reply, broncos12!

I know a forum is for discussion and questions, and although I hate to post multiple questions, I must. I'm very interested in this company, but feel like I need to proceed with caution. If no one responds, I'll know I'm asking for way too much! So, thanks in advance!

1. You mentioned, broncos12, that there are a lot of agents with this company. Any idea how many?

2. I saw one poster who mentioned a fee of $300. I have the info from the company stating the fee is $595, which includes the pre-education and licensing fees. For agents already licensed, would the reduced fee of $300 apply?

3. For a new agent, is the training really sufficient?

4. For those interested in management, where do the "managees" come from? Meaning, are you required to recruit your own team?

Again, thanks in advance for everyone's patience with my questions!

Thanks for your reply, broncos12!

I know a forum is for discussion and questions, and although I hate to post multiple questions, I must. I'm very interested in this company, but feel like I need to proceed with caution. If no one responds, I'll know I'm asking for way too much! So, thanks in advance!

1. You mentioned, broncos12, that there are a lot of agents with this company. Any idea how many?

2. I saw one poster who mentioned a fee of $300. I have the info from the company stating the fee is $595, which includes the pre-education and licensing fees. For agents already licensed, would the reduced fee of $300 apply?

3. For a new agent, is the training really sufficient?

4. For those interested in management, where do the "managees" come from? Meaning, are you required to recruit your own team?

Again, thanks in advance for everyone's patience with my questions!

I'll do my best, ShowMe...

1. Well, again, I'm not part of their management, but I know there are many agents and more being continually added directly and through their managers. If I had to guess though, I'd say easily a few hundred agents at least.

2. Everybody pays the program fee. I know from them, and even from having read in the thread, that new, unlicensed agents are sometimes given the option to split the program fee payment and I believe that's where the "$300" thing comes from.

3. "Sufficient". "Sufficient" means enough or adequate. So, the question then becomes sufficient for what. If you're asking if the initial training is sufficient for a new agent to be able to get on the phone, follow a script, determine the customer's need, give an accurate quote, sell a simple product line, take and correctly fill out an application and submit that application then, yes, I'd say it's sufficient. Becoming an "advanced producer" takes far more, obviously. There's a lot to know and continually learn in insurance. While you can start out simple, and the initial training does support that idea for a new agent, in my opinion, you should strive to always know more. From an ongoing training standpoint, as well as several outlets and resources available to us agents, those resources to grow and learn and know more are certainly there, if you choose to take advantage of them. Some agents will and others might choose to continue just to "keep it simple". Both can work with the company.

4. From what I've always understood, it's both. I do know they have an ongoing recruiting system specifically to be used by the managers and you also add your own recruits. The idea being you build the size team most controllable and profitable I suppose, based on your personal situation. And as I've said, that's the part of concern for me right now possibly looking at management is I'm not sure what I can manage and still keep my personal numbers where I need them. That's why I haven't really looked down that path yet. I'm hoping to, though.

Hopefully helpful :)

Thanks for the answers! I think I'm moving toward setting up the meeting/interview.

Anyone able to answer the DOL fiduciary guidelines question asked a handful of posts ago? I'd like to know, too. I've taken a fiduciary guardrails class to prepare. As per that class, seems like 95% of the conversations you will have will clients could easily trigger fiduciary rules. Ugh.

Thanks for the answers! I think I'm moving toward setting up the meeting/interview.

Anyone able to answer the DOL fiduciary guidelines question asked a handful of posts ago? I'd like to know, too. I've taken a fiduciary guardrails class to prepare. As per that class, seems like 95% of the conversations you will have will clients could easily trigger fiduciary rules. Ugh.

You're welcome, ShowMe. Good luck on your interview.

I posted prior on the question, and I've even researched a little since on my own, and my response was accurate. The core sales program with LifeTel is completely within all current guidelines and is fully compliant.

Hey guys,

Just started on the phones today! Can anyone tell me where I process the application for Phoenix, I can't find them on the I-GO? Thanks for the help!

Back