Anyone Have Success with Facebook Ads?

GoblueCK

Been lurking around for sometime and have always found alot of useful information here, so thank you to all the helpful posters!

I have been running ads using Facebook's "Lead Generation" which allows users to click on your ad and a pop up auto fills quite a bit of their information. Figured this would be the best route as you aren't requiring Facebook users to leave the website.

Not having much success and wondering if anyone out there has been able to generate a decent cost per lead from Facebook ads. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, LeadAds are actually working great for a lot of people. I've seen that the acquisition of a lead with Lead Ads can be up to 8 times cheaper compared to other advertising channels. But, as in everything, I’m sure they don’t fit every market. You said you already made some test without great results.. did you find acquiring a lead more expensive than your typical average?

I can suggest these two articles we've wrote for some good tips on Lead Ads, hope they can be useful. You can find them on our blog.
6 mistakes you're making with Facebook Lead Ads
7 unconventional ways to use Facebook lead ads to improve your business

Disclosure: as my name says, I'm from the LeadsBridge team, an app for synching FB Leads and Custom audience with CRM and email marketing software

I have found most leads from Facebook or online that are not from immediate friends or family referrals are a waste of time. I target Mostly Preferred type business and they are not going to fill out any form on the Internet to get a quote from a stranger. Again if they know me or were referred by a friend that's a different story.

I have found most leads from Facebook or online that are not from immediate friends or family referrals are a waste of time. I target Mostly Preferred type business and they are not going to fill out any form on the Internet to get a quote from a stranger. Again if they know me or were referred by a friend that's a different story.

While I agree they don't come close to the conversion rate of referrals I wouldn't say its a waste of time. It's a lead you are capturing exclusively for the most part which should lead to a much higher conversion rate than purchased leads or cold calls.

I worked in advertising for 10 years, and sold my ad agency to finance my venture into insurance. Internet advertising, while very sexy, generally has the lowest rate of return as far as advertising goes. Furthermore, I suspect it will get you junk clients. The type of people surfing Facebook are not the kind of clients I want. The only advertising I have done, and the only kind I would recommend, is direct mail.

Figure out who the whales are, target them at home, and send your mailers. Normally on my campaigns I doubled my money just on first year commissions, my close rate was about 60%, and my retention has been 100% so far because I targeted so well. I completely stopped advertising a few years ago, though, when I learned how to ask for referrals.

Back