Anyone Heard of National Brokerage?

National Brokerage is a very good outfit, I worked with Lance Barton before he merged with Mountain and became one of the Principals at National. Their commissions are in line with most BGA's and I use them for my regular business. I have also found a "boutique" BGA that I use for my larger cases since they pay a much higher commission and are a bit more experienced at handling the larger more complicated cases. I have found that it is a good idea to have several options and not be tied to any one BGA.

The only problem(and this is a huge problem) I have with National Brokerage is that the Regional Sales Managers DO NOT respond to your requests via email quickly. They are notorious for catering to the producers who give them ALL their business. My personal experience with my RSM was terrible. The first RSM never replied back to my emails. I was told by his replacement that he was having "personal problems". Those "personal problems" forced me to use another IMO. The second RSM PROMISED that he would respond within 24 hours and that what happened in the past wouldn't happen again. Well, guess what? He did the same damn thing, ignoring me when I needed his services the most. After two days, I had to email him asking if he got my initial request. He did. Funny thing, he didn't have the time to respond to my original request, but he did have time to send me a very unprofessional, demeaning email after I sent one back when I didnt hear from him, telling him how unsatisfied I was with the lack of service I was receiving. What kind of IMO does that??? I brought it up to the attention of Nat Brokers President, Todd Ruplinger via email.....of course, Mr. Ruplinger never responded either. Nice. I would suggest that you do not place all your appointments with this company. Place just a few with them and see how it works out for you. If I were you, I would "shop around" when looking for a good IMO. Promises only get you so far, it's the SERVICE that makes the difference. Good luck!

The only problem(and this is a huge problem) I have with National Brokerage is that the Regional Sales Managers DO NOT respond to your requests via email quickly. They are notorious for catering to the producers who give them ALL their business. My personal experience with my RSM was terrible. The first RSM never replied back to my emails. I was told by his replacement that he was having "personal problems". Those "personal problems" forced me to use another IMO. The second RSM PROMISED that he would respond within 24 hours and that what happened in the past wouldn't happen again. Well, guess what? He did the same damn thing, ignoring me when I needed his services the most. After two days, I had to email him asking if he got my initial request. He did. Funny thing, he didn't have the time to respond to my original request, but he did have time to send me a very unprofessional, demeaning email after I sent one back when I didnt hear from him, telling him how unsatisfied I was with the lack of service I was receiving. What kind of IMO does that??? I brought it up to the attention of Nat Brokers President, Todd Ruplinger via email.....of course, Mr. Ruplinger never responded either. Nice. I would suggest that you do not place all your appointments with this company. Place just a few with them and see how it works out for you. If I were you, I would "shop around" when looking for a good IMO. Promises only get you so far, it's the SERVICE that makes the difference. Good luck!

TruBru why would you expect that a company would not cater to those who produce for them...Also on the life insurance side I don't believe any of their carrier do not allow dual appointments so its not that big a deal to place appointments there...I have never had a problem, but then again I rarely email..I prefer calling and if neccessary leaving a vm.

Hello my fellow insurance agents & brokers.

I'm writing to you to ask a question about a company that I can't find a whole lot of reviews on. The company is called National Brokerage, natbroker/com and I'm not sure as to whether or not there a reputable company? Has anyone heard of them? Has anyone used them? If so do you know what their commission schedule is like? The point difference between a Agent and GA. Also is the book of business yours to keep when you leave or is it captive.

I've already looked at HealthChoiceOne and that is most likely my choice but I don't write a lot of health, mostly life, ltc, annuities and some retirement planning. HealthChoiceOne has all of those companies that I think would be great to have, but the commission, although it isn't bad, it isn't all that great either, but like I said if no one has heard of this other company then I'll stick to HealthChoiceOne.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Highly recommend!!! I use them for the majority of the life insurance carriers I am contracted with and they have great support, life quoting software, and great carriers.

Thank you everyone for the replies! I have decided to take my S Corporation to National Brokers. Love them so far, fast, free quoting software, just tons and tons of careers to choose from whether its term, universal, whole, annuities, the whole nine yards. Chose to also contract my corporation with HealthChoiceOne for the health, med supp, critical care, and mini med. All in all very happy with the recommendation and support of response.

Thank you again everyone!
--Shan

I am new to this forum, I am looking for info on PBS / Personal Brokerage Services and respectable competitors. Thanks

I've never been with PBS but they've been around for a long time,They are owned by Alliantz. I've spoken with them at different times but really didn't see anything that they offered that was that exciting to join them

DONT DO IT!!!
Unfortunately our agency's experience with National Brokerage (NB) was not favorable and would NOT recommend their service. Overall, National Brokerage was an extremely unprofessional organization. We experienced many of the employees as very short and rude, and on several occasions National Brokerage neglected our submitted applications resulting on our company losing the deal. They also promise trips and vacations for high volume sales, we sold millions through them and we are still waiting for the vouchers, we request them over and over and still, no answer. Our boss is actually thinking about starting alegal action against them, they owe him several vacations!
I think that what it upset us the most was their customer service, every time we called or sent an email, we felt like we were bothering them because their answers were just very short and snippy.If we didnt understand something and they ahd to repeat it, sounded even worst. When you are nice and friendly to somebody, you usually expect the same in return- with this company you better forget about that!.

Last edited:
Back