Anyone Still on Here with ACA?

I've emailed a couple of guys from previous posts that said they are working with ACA. Haven't heard back from them and neither have had any activity on here in quite a while.

Wondering if anyone else here is working with American Classic Agency or has worked for them.

Just wanting some opinion from people who have dealt with them, not from opinions of those that have read about them. Not trying to be a jerk about this but "opinion's" are like arm pits, everybody has a couple.

Yes, I believe I do.

Although I'm not going to be up around the mark of bringing a commission like some of you pros on here, I feel like, by studying what they have to offer and talking with them, I feel more comfortable with the opportunity. More so than with the half dozen other "recruiters" I've talked with. Those being NAA, BL&C, Insphere and others of that ilk. I don't see in ACA what I saw in those others.

Of course, I'm a little more educated than I was at the beginning of my venture into the insurance biz. Thanks to you guys.

I'm good at listening to my "gut-feeling" and it's giving me the ok. Taking past experiences in hand, I'm pretty good at reading people, considering I used to stand in front of 200 people at least three times a week for four years. Now, that being said, they may screw me in the first three months. If so, then I chalk it up to a learning experience and move on.

Hope this answers your question. If you have a better opportunity for me here in NC, I'm all ears.

I've emailed a couple of guys from previous posts that said they are working with ACA. Haven't heard back from them and neither have had any activity on here in quite a while.

Wondering if anyone else here is working with American Classic Agency or has worked for them.

Just wanting some opinion from people who have dealt with them, not from opinions of those that have read about them. Not trying to be a jerk about this but "opinion's" are like arm pits, everybody has a couple.

Well, those that are currently with them are probably biased toward them and will sing their praise. Those that "used to be" with them are probably biased, resentful and will sing their condemantion. You can probably get just about an accurate snapshot of the "real" situation by listening to those that got their information from a friend of a friend. If you have a good track record of following your gut, then talk with them and listen to the rumblings in the pit of your stomach.

If you have been around the block in the insurance business, you know the following but just in case you are totally new, here are a couple of pieces of advice.

Anytime your contract is with the agency of FMO instead of the carriers, Run Bubba Run.

If the FMO or agency want you to assign your comissions to them and then they pay you instead of teh carrier paying you direct, Run Bubba,, Run!

If the contracts are not immediately vested to you, Run Bubba, Run.

And if the vesting requires more than a couple hundred per year to be paid or if the contingency is set up on a monthly basis, ie. $50.00 per month, Run Bubba, Run! Especially if you have tendency to write annual premiums and you have write a lot of business one month and very little the next.

Yes...I'm still with ACA. I've been with them for almost 7 years and it has been a very positive and rewarding relationship.

If you would like "factual" information about ACA, feel free to ask any questions you may have here -or- you can PM me if you prefer.

somarco said:
A4L, how much of your income is derived from overrides?

Herein lies the very reason I took a brief sabbatical from this forum for a while. The same agitators are still roaming around the forum trying to attack the credibility and legitimacy of a perfectly ethical and highly respected company that has operated with honesty and integrity in the marketplace for years. These same agitators go around "suggesting" some type of impropriety - but never "produce" any real facts. And don't take my word for it, use the search tool to look at the past and present posts of these same individuals over several years time and you will see a pattern of negativity and intentional misinformation that borders slander.

Regarding the percentage of "my" income that is derived from overrides - its about 6%. Most of my income is derived from my own personal sales, because I have "chosen" to spend most of my time selling and building my own personal book of business. Over the past 7 years, I have recruited 2 agents from whom I receive overrides. One was fairly new to the Insurance business, and the other was a seasoned agent who was looking for a better opportunity than the one he previously had.

As a matter of fact......many Independent Agents and Agencies (including many on this forum) have established Agency Contracts with one or more carriers that allows them to hire and train Agents of their own, and collect overrides from the business they generate. There is nothing new, hidden, sinister or improper about that.

Hope that helps ! :-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
csstanley1973 said:

Very wise thing to do. You will soon figure out that "most" of the negativity and misinformation you read on forums comes from people who have NEVER EVER worked with the organizations they spew garbage about. They repeat things they've heard or read with "no regard" for the TRUTH.

And you're right......opinions are like arm pits. And most of the time those arm pits wreak full of outright lies.

Remember......Insurance is a highly regulated industry. Any Organization that conducts itself in an unethical or criminal manner will not stand the test of time. Organizations that operate in that manner suffer stiff fines and penalties -or- they get shut down with a quickness.

Are you "ever" going to find one or two people who didn't have a good experience ??? Sure...I imagine you might. But you'll also find people who didn't have good experiences at ALL FMOs/IMOs as well as big name carriers like Statefarm, Allstate, Prudential, Progressive, MetLife, NY Life, Farmers Insurance, Blue Cross Blue Shied....etc....etc.

Last edited:
Apparently my question was too difficult for you to deal with. It is a legitimate question.

As for the rest of your response, go f*+k yourself. The question was only posted for the benefit of those who may be looking at this group.

Glad ACA has worked for you.

somarco said:
Apparently my question was too difficult for you to deal with. It is a legitimate question.

As for the rest of your response, go f*+k yourself. The question was only posted for the benefit of those who may be looking this group.

Glad ACA has worked for you.

My, my, my.....Somarco. I answered your question "for the benefit of those looking at this group". You asked what percentage of my income comes from overrides - and I told you; even though you've asked this same question in just about every other thread out there about ACA. Its obvious to most what you were trying to suggest with your "legitimate" question. Your past posts expose that. So what's the problem ? Is the TRUTH to difficult for you to deal with.

And "for the benefit of those reading this thread"......as you can see......agitators are "still" spewing negativity. Now they've even stooped to insults. Like I said before....just search past posts, and you'll see more of this same type of behavior.

Like my buddy always says......
Don't start nutn ... and it won't be nutn.

Last edited:
Sorry you became so defensive at a legitimate question. Just shows how immature you really are.

Tell yourself whatever you need to feel justified in your position. As Rhett said, I just don't give a damn.

Back