Appointment Setter how much $$

The comment about the McDonald's pay was VERY arrogant and I doubt you will understand my reply here. But I would ask you to take a look at yourself and know that you my friend are one paycheck away from being homeless just like most Americans.....

Hi PammyGirl

I don't think you actually read my comment about McDonalds pay. I said to double it, which in most places would put you at $16-$17 an hour or so. This is more than what you were suggesting.

The reason I said it this way is different areas of the country are pretty different with what is paid for a general job. McDonalds is simply a point of reference, most pay minimum wage, but minimum wage is different in different states, and sometimes different within a state. For instance, San Francisco has a higher minimum wage than California, which has a higher minimum wage than the federal government requires.

Dan

The fact that some does or doesn't enjoy doing something isn't the issue. The issue is that most agents are more comfortable paying by the appointment that is set.
I have never given any appointment setter a phone book and asked them to simply dial. The problem that I've seen with appointment setters is that they want to "catch fish in a dixie cup" and call only those who have responded to mailers rather than calling a list of internet leads. Its sad when a supposed "telemarketer" isn't able to book appointments with people who may have more than one agent or telemarketer contacting them. Face it..you guys want to take the easy way out and make the easy calls. Anyone can do that and there is no need to employ someone for that.

I pay my one FT appointment setter $15hr, $20 per appointment and 10% of first year commission on middle market P&C business. She is professional and knows how to work a list properly while getting myself or my agents in front of the right prospects. The first 90 days were slow, then things really picked up and our ROI is 3.3-1 after 10 months with a few big fish on the line in the next 60 days.

It is a really difficult job and very few people can do it well for a long period of time... if you pay poorly then you will have constant turnover and you will be spinning your wheels. The results are much better when you have the same pleasant voice calling them monthly or quarterly.

Nicely said Pam! Cold calling is a tough job, no doubt! You are passionate I can see. Wanna help me make some calls :)

… So whoever out there thinks appointment setting is easy and not worth paying someone accordingly well you need to be in another business.

Where are you located, and what are your suggestions for hiring a good, qualified appointment setter? We have a lead system, absolutely NO cold calls.

Where are you located, and what are your suggestions for hiring a good, qualified appointment setter? We have a lead system, absolutely NO cold calls.

This wouldn't happen to be NAA, would it?

Back