Appointment Setter how much $$

pfsthib

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Louisiana
I know this was discussed before. I've searched for it but can't find it. How much do you guys pay an appointment setter?
She will be calling my leads that are coming in to set appointments for final expense, mortgage protection, health and life leads. thanks

I know im fairly new to this industry but I know a ton about hiring TM and apppointment setters. I have my own call center with 24 live agents at most all times.

A lot of this depends on where you live? I always try and pay $1 per hour more than the average. The rest depends on the amount of work they will be putting in. If they are calling leads generated off your site then should be fairly warm and you could pay them close to the average in your area. If they are cold calling for you to generate leads you may have to pay just a little more possibly with some sort of commision built in for production, this will keep them motivated. There is a huge difference from appointment setting some type of warm lead and then cold calling a list of people to generate that warm lead. Do some research on some local companies by looking in local paper or craigs list for TM companies that are hiring. Most of them tell you the hrly in the add. Some you have to call and fish for it but its usually pretty easy to find out what others are paying. Pay just a little more an then incentivise based on the amount of difficutly and production they put forth. The last factor is your relationship to this person. I alway tell people to hire people they do not know. Its easier to pay what they are worth instead of what your friend thinks they are worth. I have seen alot of people hire friends or relative to do this type of work and USUALLY that just doesn't work. (not to say that it can't)

If I can be of assistance any further let me know!

I don't have an appointment setter. But if I did I think I would get Al's dialer for them to use and then pay them by the minute. The reports will tell you how much time they were actually working.

$10 bucks for an appointment and $5 for a qualified lead. $20 and $10 for quality - you'll know quality.

Bonus them based upon the closing ratio of their work.

This is what we pay our people.

Tom

Nwit's post was a very good idea.
Finding a reliable telemarketer is extremely difficult. If you are lucky enough to find one, then pay them well.
$10 per hour. (you will have the records of how long they actually called) Make them understand that you require at least one lead every hour. This is only $10 per lead (Plus the cost of the dialer)
and say a $50 bonus for each family you are able to sell.
$25 for a single.
A decent bonus will really encourage them to make decent leads, and more of them.
The biggest problem is that most of the people you hire, turn out to be as reliable as a concrete parachute.

Hourly never has worked for us. Some CSR's are slow - and do half ass appointments - some as extremely fast and know what they are doing. Flat rate is better. You know your cost. You will know the results before you pay them. If they do crap work - pay them the least and fire their ass.

But - to each their own . . .

Tom

In hiring any sort of telemarketer, I have found that cheap help isn't worth it. I'd rather pay more and get someone who knows what they are doing.

$10 an hour, or any similar schemes, you'll have a hard time keeping a person working for you and doing quality work. My suggestion is double whatever the local McDonalds is paying, make sure the person you hire has phone experience, and has held a job for more than a year previously.

Dan

Back