Bankruptcy - can I be an agent?

Since the guy NEVER posted again, my educated guess is he didn't make it into this business.

But that shouldn't stop us from being encouraging, maybe he's just slow to make a decision....

marv?

The f ing post is FOUR years old. There's nothing more either way for the guy to figure out. He's either in the business or he's GONE. It's been four dam years since he made this post. Check the guy's posts... he made four of them in August of 2008.

You're another shark in the water that's all. And basically you're a liar if you don't tell people the truth about this business, but all that matters to you is head count.

This business is a full on commitment, it costs money, it takes time.. coming in from a bankruptcy is VERY tough and I wouldn't reccommend it and aparently several insurance carriers wouldn't either. GEE why do you think that is?

That's simply BS to tell anybody "c'mon in, the water's fine."

Who died and made you the insurance king? As tough as it may be it can be done how do I know because I DID IT MYSELf. 9 years in the business 4 of them in Corporate of major Insurance companies well over 6 figures. Now an independent agent with over 30 companies contracted with including securities. YOUR ADVICE IS YOURS AND THAT'S IT STOP SPEAKING FOR EVERYONE ELSE.. If you spent more time in the field you wouldn't have as much time as you do to judge people you don't even know and give out BAD ADVICE... GO GET A JOB!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Who died and made you the insurance king? As tough as it may be it can be done how do I know because I DID IT MYSELf. 9 years in the business 4 of them in Corporate of major Insurance companies well over 6 figures. Now an independent agent with over 30 companies contracted with including securities. YOUR ADVICE IS YOURS AND THAT'S IT STOP SPEAKING FOR EVERYONE ELSE.. If you spent more time in the field you wouldn't have as much time as you do to judge people you don't even know and give out BAD ADVICE... GO GET A JOB!!

WHO CARES IF THE POST IS 4 YEARS OLD MAYBE SOMEONE ELSE COULD USE IT!! stop wasting everybodys time!!

Last edited:
Marv?

Did I hit a nerve?

Actually I think you're just trying to build posts so you can recruit and churn and burn baby burn.

You wouldn't be the first and you won't be the last. Just sort of typical, that's all.

marv?

The f ing post is FOUR years old. There's nothing more either way for the guy to figure out. He's either in the business or he's GONE. It's been four dam years since he made this post. Check the guy's posts... he made four of them in August of 2008.

You're another shark in the water that's all. And basically you're a liar if you don't tell people the truth about this business, but all that matters to you is head count.

This business is a full on commitment, it costs money, it takes time.. coming in from a bankruptcy is VERY tough and I wouldn't reccommend it and aparently several insurance carriers wouldn't either. GEE why do you think that is?

That's simply BS to tell anybody "c'mon in, the water's fine."

Well said LGilmore. My prediction is marv doesn't last long here.

here we go again... the advanced VS. earned debate..... in the red corner, these agents with 200 years experience in the health market... experienced agents... and in blue corner, with 1 year experience and yet to have a rate increase on their block of business... rookies!!
These days this can be avoided with the ACA premium rate review regulation with your state insurance commisioner. That way you can inform your clients of a rate increase, move them to a different plan or change the one they have without the potential of losing a block of business.

Back