Bankruptcy - can I be an agent?

Yes, We all are public record and mine runs deep and wide. 7 years serving in politics in the 48th largest city in the nation, former delegate to the Rep. party, got into a pee pee contest with the AG's office of the State of Texas over the DNC list and how it applies to political campaigns, coordinated the rescue effort of my wife when she was held against her will in the middle of a war zone in the middle east 2 years ago, played professional poker for a time a few years back, wife is citizen of Sweden, members of a golf club, own a home built in 2007... there is the open book on me.

Fortunately or unfortunately this business attracts many of us with big egos. Some are just bigger than others. :D

I know of no sucessfully person that does not have a large ego..... professional ball players, poker players, CEO'S, whatever.... regardless of the mumbo jumbo that someone might say, it's the ego that drives us to contuined sucess. when I started dabbling in poker, and i sucked, i had that deep desire that i had to win, i had to learn and study, after i won inside my guts were just bouncing up and down... in golf i hated loosing and shooting bogey golf or worse... i must do better... so, i figured a way to do better and now i have about a 4 handicap...in politics i had to stand up and tell people how great i was, thats just the nature of the game...

in this business you only have you... and each one of us MUST win, winning is the name of the game... nothing else, loosers loose, winners win, and to be a winner u must believe in yourself 150% and with that comes ego, period, end of sentence

To me, there is a difference between being competitive and egotistical. It is possible to be both, but it is not necessary to be overtly egotistical to be highly successful.

I know a lot of egotistical people who are not successful, but are annoying and self important. It is possible to be humble and successful. In my experience it is more likely that a successful person is humble, and it is far more likely that people are more willing to work with such a person rather than with an egotistical as....le.

To me, there is a difference between being competitive and egotistical. It is possible to be both, but it is not necessary to be overtly egotistical to be highly successful.

I know a lot of egotistical people who are not successful, but are annoying and self important. It is possible to be humble and successful. In my experience it is more likely that a successful person is humble, and it is far more likely that people are more willing to work with such a person rather than with an egotistical as....le.

that is exactly why i said when i won at poker my guts were jumping up and down insude... i kept it to myself..... but i stand by with the fact that that inner ego drives each and every sucessfull person.

since i work alone i dont want nor need anyone working with me... just to address your point wanting to work with someone with no ego... also, it could be the reason some wish to work with someone with no ego is that the person can not handle the preasure of the competive envirement of striving for victory....

I'm not saying ego is bad, but some don't wear it on their sleeve. I have seen all personality types succeed in sales. The one thing they all have in common is that they are competitive. We are all money motivated, but the most gratifying part of sales is the sale itself, which is as you point out, in essence, all about winning. If all a salesman cares about is the money and not the feeling of winning that comes with the sale, then he/whe will not last or succeed. Those who do not understand the 'feeling' you get when you close a sale, are either order takers or bean counters ;)

BTW. I too was involved in politics for a number of years. I don't miss it. As a wise man once told me, but it took years to sink in, 'I'd rather own one, than be one'.

Last edited:
Back