Which is the best accounting software

FL P&C Broker

Guru
100+ Post Club
Anybody have any suggestions for accounting software? I am looking for something that I can access anywhere. The only thing I have found so far is the online version of quickbooks and I am looking for something to compare it too.

There is a reason why quickbooks has well over 75% of the market... they have a very good product. Why try to reinvent the wheel by going with a smaller niche vendor that none of your employees, bookkeepers or CPA's know how to use.

I've worked for over 7 different CPA's in my time in accounting. Loved it but just wasn't for me. Got to repetitive. Every single one of them used QuickBooks, I personally use QB, its user friendly, has great tutorials for newbies, there's many versions to let you pick what would best suit you. QB pro is what I use but that's what I first learned you might not need that, it depends on what you plan on doing, the adding a bank account feature is handy since it can check your bank account and post the debits/credits to your QB account. The online version is really good as well. But you can install it and download the updates almost anywhere.

Or just get log me in remote access or something.

I recommend quick book for accounting. It is easy & tutorial to learn it is also available from lynda.

I have used QB in two small businesses - 1 for service; 1 for retail.

The product is great for either situation and certainly for other types of small to medium-sized business. As others have stated, most accounting firms like working with it, too.

It is relatively inexpensive and is updated every year.

That's my 2-cents.

Quickbooks is used by many. Its fairly simple and easy to use.

If your looking for something with some more bells and whistles try Sage/Peachtree or Thomson Reuters; they have more advanced accounting oriented features as opposed to Quickbooks.

I have heard that NetSuite is becoming more popular too, but I have never heard any first hand knowledge about it other than that.

For basic stuff quickbooks works well, if you have advanced needs, go with Peachtree or Reuters

Quickbooks is used by many. Its fairly simple and easy to use.

If your looking for something with some more bells and whistles try Sage/Peachtree or Thomson Reuters; they have more advanced accounting oriented features as opposed to Quickbooks.

I have heard that NetSuite is becoming more popular too, but I have never heard any first hand knowledge about it other than that.

For basic stuff quickbooks works well, if you have advanced needs, go with Peachtree or Reuters

Personal opinion Peachtree is not as user friendly as QB because of all the bells and whistles. Takes some time to get used to it as well if your a regular QB user. Though I will say Peachtree does have a lot of extra features, it doesn't sound as if your going to be doing estate tax planning or an audit under the SEC so I would pass on that.

Back