Best Insurance Book on Audible?

Dave is a producer, so that doesn't include him. It does include it in the fact that I didn't read that book.

The OP has been asking everyone questions and trying to find something to talk him into getting into insurance. You won't find that in a book in my opinion.

Either you want to start a business or you don't.

Haha, you're right...it does seem like he wants to be talked into selling insurance. I think he's got it narrowed down to Med Supps with a side order of Cyber Insurance .:yes:

Dave is a producer, so that doesn't include him. It does include it in the fact that I didn't read that book.

The OP has been asking everyone questions and trying to find something to talk him into getting into insurance. You won't find that in a book in my opinion.

Either you want to start a business or you don't.

More looking to get talked out of doing insurance. But, haven't heard too many people talking about how horrible it is. Few irons in the fire right now. Once I get some of them done, I'll make decision.

More looking to get talked out of doing insurance. But, haven't heard too many people talking about how horrible it is. Few irons in the fire right now. Once I get some of them done, I'll make decision.

My recommendation is to not go with FE. I've found that the "numbers guys" or "analyze everything people" make it way too complicated and don't follow a system.

Look into a different line that being analytical actually helps.

February will be my 9th year in FE and I've never read a single book about FE. Most people that write insurance books only do it because they failed at insurance. No need in learning from them.

Benny - You have to learn HOW to read before you can start reading!!!

Those dang schools down in 'issippi are failin' you brother! :goofy:

February will be my 9th year in FE and I've never read a single book about FE. Most people that write insurance books only do it because they failed at insurance. No need in learning from them.

Like Gandolfo, Bettger, Savage and Meisel? Those are the main insurance authors that come to mind. Maybe there have been many others that have been forgotten. Of course, some of their material is dated but some of it can be adapted to today's market. Some of it may not fit that well with the FE market as most if not all of them focused on business owners, etc. Some of those authors were on the MDRT. That's certainly life insurance, but it is certainly not the FE market.

IMO the OP is probably better off going with one of the reputable FMO/trainers on here and following their system. Listening to Ziglar, Tracy, Hopkins or whoever isn't going to help anyone choose a particular market or industry.

I haven't read any FE books. I got the book by Glen and Justin but haven't read it yet.

Other than newer Kindle books, I don't know if I've ever come across a book that was specifically about FE.

But you do have a point with many sales books as well as sales trainers, not just in insurance. Even with those trainers and authors who were very successful, once that success is 20-30 years in the rear view mirror, (other than selling their own training business, of course) they may not have as much practical (and especially technical) advice to offer to new salespeople in an ever changing market.

Bettger is available for Audible. Most of the books by the authors I mentioned are out of print and somewhat hard to find on the used market (especially for a reasonable price).

----------

There are a lot of threads on here talking about how horrible it can be, why the vast majority of agents fail and so on. The recent ones about "myinsurancebiz" are an example although there are probably better ones.

Last edited:

While many on here have pointed out that you're too analytic, they also tell you to get out of that mode or don't do insurance. It really is that simple.

Over my time I have found that most who are as analytical as you are "engineers". Typically they plan and plan but never actually work the plan. I've seen very few ever shake that mentality and succeed. Not only that, but if they do get going they are not very good sales people. They tend to take what they learn and spew it out to the client and then the client gets overwhelmed and won't do anything. In the senior market (whether it's FE, Med Supps, MA Plans or a combination, you have to keep it simple. Not to say that you can't overcome all of this, but the sooner you actually start doing something the better off you'll be.

Please don't take this as a put-down, it's just the plain and simple truth of the matter.

Get with one of the IMO's on here and get going.

As for books, Dave's book really gets into the heart of selling FE and Glen's book is more designed with Med Supps in mind. Both are good in my opinion. I think they both spell out the markets for what they truly are.

While many on here have pointed out that you're too analytic, they also tell you to get out of that mode or don't do insurance. It really is that simple.

Over my time I have found that most who are as analytical as you are "engineers". Typically they plan and plan but never actually work the plan. I've seen very few ever shake that mentality and succeed. Not only that, but if they do get going they are not very good sales people. They tend to take what they learn and spew it out to the client and then the client gets overwhelmed and won't do anything. In the senior market (whether it's FE, Med Supps, MA Plans or a combination, you have to keep it simple. Not to say that you can't overcome all of this, but the sooner you actually start doing something the better off you'll be.

Please don't take this as a put-down, it's just the plain and simple truth of the matter.

Get with one of the IMO's on here and get going.

As for books, Dave's book really gets into the heart of selling FE and Glen's book is more designed with Med Supps in mind. Both are good in my opinion. I think they both spell out the markets for what they truly are.

Is this the "Dave's book" that y'all are referring to? https://www.amazon.com/Official-Gui...=1-3-catcorr&keywords=final+expense+insurance

Back