Best Insurance Book on Audible?

Damn ... I'm really underselling myself with a book that costs $9.95 ... :goofy:

Yep, just think how much you'd make if you charged $599. I wonder how many he's sold at that price? :err:

I wouldn't pay $90.49 for the book in my signature(so, I'll probably never read it), so I can't see paying $599. $10 is about my limit.:yes:

While many on here have pointed out that you're too analytic, they also tell you to get out of that mode or don't do insurance. It really is that simple.

Over my time I have found that most who are as analytical as you are "engineers". Typically they plan and plan but never actually work the plan. I've seen very few ever shake that mentality and succeed. Not only that, but if they do get going they are not very good sales people. They tend to take what they learn and spew it out to the client and then the client gets overwhelmed and won't do anything. In the senior market (whether it's FE, Med Supps, MA Plans or a combination, you have to keep it simple. Not to say that you can't overcome all of this, but the sooner you actually start doing something the better off you'll be.

Please don't take this as a put-down, it's just the plain and simple truth of the matter.

Get with one of the IMO's on here and get going.

As for books, Dave's book really gets into the heart of selling FE and Glen's book is more designed with Med Supps in mind. Both are good in my opinion. I think they both spell out the markets for what they truly are.

Very perceptive. Thanks your input helped me think more ;). Oh wait I'm thinking too much. I really did appreciate your post. My undergrad was considered a general engineering degree. Planning the work vs. working the plan can be a challenge for me and I even was a project planner at a fortune 500 company.

I've had problems in the past being too analytical. I think I can get past it though asking more questions and speaking less. Just saw great video about an insurance sales guy and mainly what he does is build the need through questions.

Very insightful post. Thanks

Very perceptive. Thanks your input helped me think more ;). Oh wait I'm thinking too much. I really did appreciate your post. My undergrad was considered a general engineering degree. Planning the work vs. working the plan can be a challenge for me and I even was a project planner at a fortune 500 company.

I've had problems in the past being too analytical. I think I can get past it though asking more questions and speaking less. Just saw great video about an insurance sales guy and mainly what he does is build the need through questions.

Caterpillar? .:)

I really hope you didn't mind too much. I only recognized the "engineering" problem because of my experience with working with so many agents....and the fact that I used to be about as analytical as you could be. It's like looking in the mirror.

Since I've worked with so many agents like this I can now understand why others around me would get so aggravated when I pulled out a bunch of analytical questions on them. I was told over and over to just go do it, but what they never really understood until they seen it in action, is that once I understood what I was doing, then get out of my way and sit back and watch!

I just have to be very comfortable with something before I can sell it to another.

It's a good book and I suppose one could figure out a way to justify $599, but not too easy! :D

When you click on the box that says paperback "599, this is in the discription: Paperback – 1898

It's an antiquarian book!! Reardon is an unknown member of the "old farts club".
:D

I really hope you didn't mind too much. I only recognized the "engineering" problem because of my experience with working with so many agents....and the fact that I used to be about as analytical as you could be. It's like looking in the mirror.

Since I've worked with so many agents like this I can now understand why others around me would get so aggravated when I pulled out a bunch of analytical questions on them. I was told over and over to just go do it, but what they never really understood until they seen it in action, is that once I understood what I was doing, then get out of my way and sit back and watch!

I just have to be very comfortable with something before I can sell it to another.

Yep. I like to understand how it ALL works, before I do something. Which is a curse and blessing. Be alot easier if I would go do it vs. wanting to understand it. Nike motto JUST DO IT! IBM's original motto was "THINK. "

I really did appreciate your insight.

----------

State Farm? That's a pretty good drive from River City.:yes:

I've lived in both cities. Always seem to work in the one I don't live in. Had one hour five minute commute at one point. went through probably 250 Audible books doing that.

Back