Best Insurance Book on Audible?

He's not really my style anymore, but I liked Dr. Kerry Johnson's recordings. He's got quite a few on there.

And you'll find plenty with Brian Tracy and Jim Rohn.

February will be my 9th year in FE and I've never read a single book about FE. Most people that write insurance books only do it because they failed at insurance. No need in learning from them.

Does that include Dave. LOL, I know you said most. I don't believe I've ever read a book about selling(I'm still reading Dave's, which I bought to help Mark and I read Glen's because I contributed a couple of lines and got it free).

The books I've read were motivational, like Zig's books. I saw him live in the late 80's. Very inspirational.:yes:

I get a lot out of motivators like Zig Ziglar, Denis Waitley, Les Brown... I just finished an Earl Nightingale audio book last week. I also like some of the newer guys like ET the Hip Hop Preacher.

I recommend that find the motivator that speaks to you, devour his or her stuff and then find another person that motivates you.

Lately I've been stacking motivational podcasts and audible books with information that is more instruction based. So for example, I might listen to Zig to get in the right mental state and then listen to Tom Hopkins (or read a book on SEO or programming) and then listen to Les Brown and then to the "I Love Marketing" podcast.

I haven't listened to or even read any insurance specific books in decades that weren't part of my CEU requirement. I'm sure there are good books out there, but aside from the Life Underwriting Training Council books I haven't read any.

On the other hand, I've read a ton of books on sales. Zig Ziglar has at least two books that focus on sales techniques Audible has "Zig Ziglar's Secrets of Closing the Sale" and "Ziglar on Selling." Tom Hopkins has several good books on sales techniques. There several books on NLP that I've found useful also.

Once you learn the insurance-specific stuff, it is easy to translate the generic sales techniques, marketing and business information to what you do.

Unfortunately, I learned the insurance-specific stuff so long ago I can't point you to any resources, but you made me think. Maybe I need to go back to it. I'm sure there are valuable lessons there that I overlooked or learned and forgot.

I get a lot out of motivators like Zig Ziglar, Denis Waitley, Les Brown... I just finished an Earl Nightingale audio book last week. I also like some of the newer guys like ET the Hip Hop Preacher.

I recommend that find the motivator that speaks to you, devour his or her stuff and then find another person that motivates you.

Lately I've been stacking motivational podcasts and audible books with information that is more instruction based. So for example, I might listen to Zig to get in the right mental state and then listen to Tom Hopkins (or read a book on SEO or programming) and then listen to Les Brown and then to the "I Love Marketing" podcast.

I haven't listened to or even read any insurance specific books in decades that weren't part of my CEU requirement. I'm sure there are good books out there, but aside from the Life Underwriting Training Council books I haven't read any.

On the other hand, I've read a ton of books on sales. Zig Ziglar has at least two books that focus on sales techniques Audible has "Zig Ziglar's Secrets of Closing the Sale" and "Ziglar on Selling." Tom Hopkins has several good books on sales techniques. There several books on NLP that I've found useful also.

Once you learn the insurance-specific stuff, it is easy to translate the generic sales techniques, marketing and business information to what you do.

Unfortunately, I learned the insurance-specific stuff so long ago I can't point you to any resources, but you made me think. Maybe I need to go back to it. I'm sure there are valuable lessons there that I overlooked or learned and forgot.

In my post, when I said I haven't read a book about selling, I forgot to put the word insurance. I don't believe I've read any books about selling insurance(other than training manuals). I've read Secrets of Closing the Sale and one of Tom Hopkin's books. Also some Denis Waitley and a few others. I haven't read any for a long long time.

The audio books are good for drive time. I can't remember who it was that said you could get the equivalent of a sales degree while driving if you listen to audio tapes while you drive...or something like that. Brian Tracy maybe?

The audio books are good for drive time. I can't remember who it was that said you could get the equivalent of a sales degree while driving if you listen to audio tapes while you drive...or something like that. Brian Tracy maybe?

I heard it first from Tracy also. Others including Les Brown have said the same. I think the original source is some university study.

I did read the word "insurance" in the thread title. I think that like a lot of us insurance veterans, I no longer read any insurance-sales specific books.

However, I think that it is time that I circle back. I just put two insurance-sales books on my audible list. I let you know what I think when I listen to them.

I heard it first from Tracy also. Others including Les Brown have said the same. I think the original source is some university study.

I did read the word "insurance" in the thread title. I think that like a lot of us insurance veterans, I no longer read any insurance-sales specific books.

However, I think that it is time that I circle back. I just put two insurance-sales books on my audible list. I let you know what I think when I listen to them.

Thanks...about the only reading I do anymore is on here or UW Manuals and apps.

Also, I never did buy Playboy for the articles.:twitchy:

Does that include Dave. LOL, I know you said most. I don't believe I've ever read a book about selling(I'm still reading Dave's, which I bought to help Mark and I read Glen's because I contributed a couple of lines and got it free).

The books I've read were motivational, like Zig's books. I saw him live in the late 80's. Very inspirational.:yes:

Dave is a producer, so that doesn't include him. It does include it in the fact that I didn't read that book.

The OP has been asking everyone questions and trying to find something to talk him into getting into insurance. You won't find that in a book in my opinion.

Either you want to start a business or you don't.

Back