Best Time For Telemarketing

Re: Telemarketing

whatever sells the quickest and pays me the most.

No just kidding, I am going to be calling for Med Supps

whatever sells the quickest and pays me the most.

No just kidding, I am going to be calling for Med Supps

It'll vary a bit, but a good starting point would be:
9am-12pm, 1pm-4pm, 6pm-8pm

If I call during all of those, some people will be upset about having to do appt's at 9, 10 and 11 every evening. Good thing you left time in there for my lunch and dinner.

Which should I start with, I was assuming morning, but It has been a while since I have cold called for Med supps?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have been told by some seniors that by evening they get tired and forgetfull. Wouldn't that be a bad time to try and set appointments?

Last edited:

If I call during all of those, some people will be upset about having to do appt's at 9, 10 and 11 every evening. Good thing you left time in there for my lunch and dinner.

Which should I start with, I was assuming morning, but It has been a while since I have cold called for Med supps?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have been told by some seniors that by evening they get tired and forgetfull. Wouldn't that be a bad time to try and set appointments?

You should start with all of them. Part of cold calling is just working the numbers. You should start by calling all day for a week until you get a feel for what's working for the folks in your market. In some areas I'd never call before 10am, in others 9am-10am is our golden time, you never know until you call. It can change too. Regardless of what you do you're going to find some people that are pissed off you bothered them and you'll find some folks that are interested in what you have to offer, just pick up the phone and start dialing. Sure some seniors get tired in the evening, but by using that logic there is never a good time to call. Some seniors are like teenagers and want to sleep til noon every day too, make sense?

I've worked the senior market as an appointment setter. The agency would start calling at 9am and stop at 8pm. Weather has an impact on contact rate. If you're not doing at least 10% contact rate, try a different time. Good luck..

Back