Blue Cross CA Agent Connect Issue

Dave020

Super Moderator
California
For CA agents who use Blue Cross CA Agent Connect with senior clients, I wanted to make you aware of something that was supposedly resolved last year but was, in fact, never resolved.

When clients and prospects use your agent connect site to research and apply for MA/MAPD plans under the "mature individuals" link, the only plans they can actually apply for online are the FFS SmartValue plans (if available in their area).

If they are looking for Senior Secure or Freedom Blue, they can get the information and applications through the site, but the linking drives them out of your agent connect site and onto the standard Blue Cross site. What this means is that anyone shopping FB or SS that goes through your site will eventually end up with an application form with NO agent information included on it. If they download and mail it directly in, you will not receive credit for the sale even though they used your Agent connect site to get to the information.

I had two RSMs run this last year and they supposedly had senior services fix the problem, however I talked to them yesterday and not only are they aware of this, they have NO INTENTION of fixing it. That is a direct quote. They also will not disable the "mature individuals" linking on Agent Connect to prevent the potential loss of sales this creates.

I find this completely unacceptable. Allowing individuals to find plans through an agent connect protected site and then drive them to direct purchase...wow!

Another interesting problem, if your client creates a profile to buy the SmartValue plan, they will not be able to log back in to finisht the process if they save and exit before actually submitting the application. I tried it myself after several complaints from clients who have created multiple profiles and sure enough, I could not log back in either.

Given it's MA/MAPD open enrollment right now, I am just amazed at all of this.

Dave

Back