Books for those in the biz

GIRLINBIZ

Expert
For all of you seasoned agents, are there any great in the biz books you can recommend? I like to always read new ideas on marketing and I would like to hear more about books and systems that offer great advice and some ideas on how to create and keep business.

Thanks
Dee

I thought there might have been something but couldn't find a thread:

It really depends on how you want to run your practice, from cold-calling books to non-cold calling ones (like Frank Rumbauskas - Never Cold Call Again! which I own but can't say I've read).

We all have different areas of expertise, so it might be more helpful if you give us an idea of the kind of business you're focusing on (health, life, etc.?)

Best of success!!!

I am in the senior market, so Med Sups, LTC, Life, Annuities...

I have Frank's book, but I have not read it yet. It just came in the mail. I think I really want some more sales ideas books and less on product. I have really great training in product knowledge.

Thanks
Dee

I am in the senior market, so Med Sups, LTC, Life, Annuities...

I have Frank's book, but I have not read it yet. It just came in the mail. I think I really want some more sales ideas books and less on product. I have really great training in product knowledge.

Thanks
Dee

This forum has at least 15-20 sales books, systems, etc. that have been discussed so I'd search for a specific title that interests you.

Another option might be to read the entire forum, which will separate you from 99% of the other agents.

Lastly, read what you currently own, implement some ideas and THEN find another book to read and repeat the cycle.

This forum has at least 15-20 sales books, systems, etc. that have been discussed so I'd search for a specific title that interests you.

Another option might be to read the entire forum, which will separate you from 99% of the other agents.

Lastly, read what you currently own, implement some ideas and THEN find another book to read and repeat the cycle.

Thanks Salpro

It is just frustrating to be in this business and hear cliches all day long from managers and mentors. I need something more concrete and I am glad I have joined this forum.

My personal favorite sales book:

You Can't Teach a Kid to Ride a Bike at a Seminar by David Sandler.

Horrible title, great book.

Thanks Salpro

It is just frustrating to be in this business and hear cliches all day long from managers and mentors. I need something more concrete and I am glad I have joined this forum.

Each sales pro has their favorites and we all have egos. There is nothing wrong with that! The key is to find material that helps you construct your sales code. Click below to read one of my blogs. I recently reviewed Question Based Selling and I'm finishing up another review as we speak.

Back