California Commissioner on an Arrest Rampage

Crabcake Johnny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Maryland
I only post some of this stuff...there's just too much. You need to sign up for the updates to get the deluge of insurance related arrests in CA.

This is underreported payroll for payroll taxes and it looking at 22 years.

COMMISSIONER JONES ANNOUNCES ARREST OF BUSINESS OWNERS FOR INSURANCE FRAUD

Husband & Wife failed to report estimated $15 million in payroll

You are subscribed to Press Releases for the California Department of Insurance. You are receiving this email because new information has recently been released.

You can access the department's Communications Office Web page by clicking here.

Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones today announced the arrests of Stockton residents Sonia and Alfredo Casas, 48 and 51, on warrants for 13 Felony counts including insurance premium fraud, filing false reports with the Employment Development Department (EDD) and failure to withhold or remit unemployment taxes. If convicted on all charges, each faces a maximum of 22 years in state prison, $910,000 in fines, and restitution. Their bail is set at $1,000,000.00. The case is being prosecuted by the San Joaquin County District Attorney’s Office.

“Business owners who seek to defraud and dodge their legal responsibility put their employees at severe risk,” said Commissioner Dave Jones. “Individuals who perpetrate such acts will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.”

In February 2010, the Department of Insurance, Fraud Division, the Employment Development Department (EDD), and the San Joaquin County District Attorney’s Office began a joint investigation into Cal Poultry Labor, Inc. and California Farm Services, Inc., both owned by the Casas’, regarding allegations of underreported payroll to both their workers’ compensation insurance company and EDD. Cal Poultry Labor, Inc. and California Farm Services, Inc. were insured with Redwood Insurance Company and State Compensation Insurance Fund during the years in question. The case stemmed from a complaint received by EDD. Cal Poultry Labor, Inc. supplies labor to turkey farms and Cal Farm was involved in harvesting and trucking. The Casas’ also own two other businesses, Bella’s Bridal and The Shadow Oaks Steakhouse.

In June and August, 2010, search warrants for bank records were served at several banks related to accounts for the Casas’, Cal Poultry Labor, Inc., California Farm Services, Inc., and other related business accounts. These records revealed a significant amount of underreported payroll to the insurance companies and EDD.

Yesterday, search warrants were served at five locations: the Casas’ residence in Stockton, CA; their accountant’s office; Bella’s Bridal; Shadow Oaks Steakhouse; and the main facility where Cal Poultry contracts to provide labor (this facility is not considered a suspect in this investigation). The Casas’ were also arrested at the time of the search warrants. Based on the initial evidence gathered, it is estimated that the Casas’ have underreported approximately $5.8 million in payroll to the insurance companies. EDD, State Compensation Insurance Fund, and Redwood Insurance Company will conduct full audits for Cal Poultry Labor, Inc., California Farm Services, Inc., and other related businesses based on all of the evidence seized. It is estimated that the total amount of underreported payroll to the insurance companies could exceed $15 million.

# # #

Please visit the Department of Insurance Web site at California Department of Insurance. Non media inquiries should be directed to the Consumer Hotline at 800.927.HELP. Callers from out of state, please dial 213.897.8921. Telecommunications Devices for the Deaf (TDD), please dial 800.482.4833.

You can update or cancel your subscription at any time by clicking here. All you will need are your e-mail address and your password (if you have selected one).

This service is provided free of charge by: California Department of Insurance.

P.S. If you have any questions or problems please contact [email protected] for assistance.

Last edited:
Communistmissioner Jones would like the government to take over all forms of insurance. He hates private industry and proved that over and over when he was in the state assembly.

I gave the good citizens of this state the opportunity to elect someone qualified for the job, but only 370,000 agreed wtih me.

Rick

Communistmissioner Jones would like the government to take over all forms of insurance. He hates private industry and proved that over and over when he was in the state assembly.

I gave the good citizens of this state the opportunity to elect someone qualified for the job, but only 370,000 agreed wtih me.

Rick

Rick, I would have voted for you.

Rick

I wish I could have got 20 people to agree with me.

And from the same website, two weeks ago:

"Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones today announced his continued support for the Federal Healthcare reform law passed in Congress and signed by President Obama last year. Jones voiced his support on the eve of the Congressional House vote to attempt to repeal the Federal Healthcare reform legislation."

Maybe we should have voted for the other guy who was taking campaign contributions from the insurance companies. At least we would have had a crook on our side.

Surfy

Back