California Life/Health Agent

danieldyer707

Expert
I have been in the insurance business for a little over a year now. Although currently I'm not contracted with any company. I have learned that I am a really good agent, trustworthy, loyal, listen to the client very well-every little detail, I will even go far out of my way for client even if it is just giving them information; but I am not really good at the sales process. I lack the proper knowledge I guess that a good sales person would have. I live in the Bay Area, if there are any good companies who are willing to train someone like me the ropes of selling, that would be just great. I am a really fast learner. I have found that I freeze up in front of a new client, and that is what blocks me. The reason why I am not contracted right now is because I was working with American Income Life, and my youngest daughter who has a autism spectrum disorder was going through some things, so I asked them if they could change my contract to part-time just for about four to six weeks, they said no and well, long story short, I couldn't make enough ALP. I love the insurance industry, if I could just find the right company that I grow with.

Probably doesn't work for your family situation, but it would for your professional one. I would urge you to reach out to selectquote, a major life insurance call center in the bay area. They would have a good training platform, and likely offer benefits that would benefit your daughter. It you are looking at being a business owner you should look into Principal, NYL or the like. I know, some will say independent is the only way to go but the captives have far better training programs for new agents....just keep your top 200 to yourself!

I heard from other agents that not all agents really become successful and some give up because of lack of training and support or only those who have stayed longer are the ones making money or its the agents themselves who do not help themselves and eventually they give up. But with you, as long as you have the desire to grow and be successful, that's what's important! You do not give up on your dream to build yours. I am a new agent and like you, my goal is to be successful and it took me months to finally find the right company that takes care of their agents with the right training and support. I go to the bay area for my training and connections. If you are willing, i might be able to help you. I could introduce you to the company, and just check it out, if you like it then we can go from there. Email me at [email protected] if you're interested. I'll be in the bay area tonight at 7pm for my training.

I have been in the insurance business for a little over a year now. Although currently I'm not contracted with any company. I have learned that I am a really good agent, trustworthy, loyal, listen to the client very well-every little detail, I will even go far out of my way for client even if it is just giving them information; but I am not really good at the sales process. I lack the proper knowledge I guess that a good sales person would have. I live in the Bay Area, if there are any good companies who are willing to train someone like me the ropes of selling, that would be just great. I am a really fast learner. I have found that I freeze up in front of a new client, and that is what blocks me. The reason why I am not contracted right now is because I was working with American Income Life, and my youngest daughter who has a autism spectrum disorder was going through some things, so I asked them if they could change my contract to part-time just for about four to six weeks, they said no and well, long story short, I couldn't make enough ALP. I love the insurance industry, if I could just find the right company that I grow with.

Well i'm glad to hear you did the right thing. Family should always come first, keep your determination and you'll find something soon!

What you need is a solid foundation, a company that can offer field training and support. I know a lot of people on here despise some organizations for reasons completely justified, but you may have to suck it up to learn the biz.

I ask all new agents "What are you willing to sacrifice for your success?"

It took me a solid 6-7 months of struggle before I hit my stride, haven't looked back yet!

PM if you have questions

Back