Can Anyone Give Me Any Information on Western & Southern After Resigning?

navigator

Super Genius
Michigan
I have recently resigned from Western & Southern after almost 2 years and have chosen to go independent. My question is, has anybody had any negatives come from W&S after leaving?

I was with them around 7 years ago. No problem after leaving them. I try to never burn any bridges so I hope you left on your own terms. Good company overall.

I was with them around 7 years ago. No problem after leaving them. I try to never burn any bridges so I hope you left on your own terms. Good company overall.

Thanks for replying. I was just curious because when I had left Bankers almost 2 years (on my own terms) they had tried to make issues with everything and I am still dealing with it, part of the reason I chose to leave W&S and go independent.

One year and a few months ago, I went to the training in Cincinnati. I liked it, liked the training. Was not thrilled with the products, really, but they were not bad.

I understand the training program is not like that any longer, with the Cincinnati deal.

Well, anyways, when I got back, some strange happenings occured and I resigned.

Well, it's a long story, so rather than get all involved in my story..... what were you asking?

One year and a few months ago, I went to the training in Cincinnati. I liked it, liked the training. Was not thrilled with the products, really, but they were not bad.

I understand the training program is not like that any longer, with the Cincinnati deal.

Well, it's a long story, so rather than get all involved in my story..... what were you asking?

I had went to the same week training that I believe you are talking about back in January of 2011, I worked with another company before W&S and I can honestly say nothing suprises me anymore:nah: however, part of my resigning has to do with the previous company I worked for almost 2 years ago still haunting me and I received great support from my managers at W&S but did not feel the same support from anyone in HO, so I decided to resign and go independent. I was just curious if W&S uses any negative tactics after you "cut ties" like some other companies may do.

I had went to the same week training that I believe you are talking about back in January of 2011, I worked with another company before W&S and I can honestly say nothing suprises me anymore:nah: however, part of my resigning has to do with the previous company I worked for almost 2 years ago still haunting me and I received great support from my managers at W&S but did not feel the same support from anyone in HO, so I decided to resign and go independent. I was just curious if W&S uses any negative tactics after you "cut ties" like some other companies may do.

were you and I in the same class together? it was like the first week of january, I was maybe the only one from my part of TX in that class , but there was a dallas guy and a few people from chicago and stuff, indiana, and ohio.

were you and I in the same class together? it was like the first week of january, I was maybe the only one from my part of TX in that class , but there was a dallas guy and a few people from chicago and stuff, indiana, and ohio.

I cant remember exactly when in January I was there, but I do remember that one of the days they let us out early because it was starting to snow and they were going to close everything down. LoL
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I think I left my reply in the comment above, oops :)

Last edited:
I don't think we were in the same class together then because we did not get out early. Except the very last day. But I think the last day is usually cut short. It was beginning to snow the last day, which would have been Friday. I drove home to TX and got hit with a heck of a storm near memphis and little rock arkansas. Anyways, the classes were good up there, I thought. The training was good. Now, to answer your question, and, note we have other threads about Bankers..... I do not have any first hand knowledge of W&S being evil like Bankers. I think they are pretty good to you when you leave. I personally got no chargebacks that I know of.

I have heard of companies changing your business over to another agent number when you quit and charging you back for it, but never heard W&S does this.

I don't think we were in the same class together then because we did not get out early. Except the very last day. But I think the last day is usually cut short. It was beginning to snow the last day, which would have been Friday. I drove home to TX and got hit with a heck of a storm near memphis and little rock arkansas. Anyways, the classes were good up there, I thought. The training was good. Now, to answer your question, and, note we have other threads about Bankers..... I do not have any first hand knowledge of W&S being evil like Bankers. I think they are pretty good to you when you leave. I personally got no chargebacks that I know of.

I have heard of companies changing your business over to another agent number when you quit and charging you back for it, but never heard W&S does this.

Thanks for the response. Bankers had tried to terminate me "for cause" when I had left and when I had sent all my info over to the dept of insurance, there claim did not stick whats so ever. Seeing as how I had fought the term for cause and won, for the last 1.5 years they have been trying everything. A few months ago they had went into a BLC home who was my client while I was at BLC and while I was with W&S I had wrote additional coverage, did not replace anything after the client had called myself to go see them over 8 months ago. To make a long story short, they helped or wrote a consumer complaint to the dept of insurance. Like I mentioned earlier I had great support from my SM and DSM but it was almost like now I was black flagged by HO and that did not sit well with me, so I chose to part ways.

Back