Can Career Agent work for multi GAs?

Franz Kafka

Guru
1000 Post Club
I'm currently a career agent with Mass. They allow me to get direct appointments with other insurance companies (although they want me to go through their chosen brokerage). How about other BGAs? Can I sell other insurance products through other BGAs? I'm still confused by the whole GA, MGA, BGA, IMO, FMO, Captive Career, Non-captive Career etc. Can someone help (and maybe clarify differences in agencies)? Thanks!

I'm currently a career agent with Mass. They allow me to get direct appointments with other insurance companies (although they want me to go through their chosen brokerage). How about other BGAs? Can I sell other insurance products through other BGAs? I'm still confused by the whole GA, MGA, BGA, IMO, FMO, Captive Career, Non-captive Career etc. Can someone help (and maybe clarify differences in agencies)? Thanks!

I think as long as you maintain your required production levels MA will allow you to sell whatever insurance products you want to either directly or through a BGA. You just cannot sell any prohibited products (such as FIA if they do not allow it) or be guilty of selling away (security products must go through MM's broker dealer). Some one at MM confirm if this is correct.

I think as long as you maintain your required production levels MA will allow you to sell whatever insurance products you want to either directly or through a BGA. You just cannot sell any prohibited products (such as FIA if they do not allow it) or be guilty of selling away (security products must go through MM's broker dealer). Some one at MM confirm if this is correct.

Thanks xrac. It's hard to get a straight answer from those who don't want you to know it (i.e. corporate people).

Latest posts

Back