Can someone with a Felony Charge sell health and life?

Does any one here know if you can get a license to sell health,life,etc. in Illinois if you have a felony on you record?
I know it was a drug traffic charge and is the only thing on this persons record.
Blessings, Benjamin

I don't know of the specific answer. Even with an insurance license, sometimes the carriers won't allow you to appoint with them.

senior advisor indian are you really 27 like it says in your profile...cause i am and could use some advice on selling life,health, and acc... i am about to take the exam.. just took the pre lisc..

Last edited:
Depends on the state. Some states no way, others consider legnth of time and what the felony was. If it involves money or ripping people off the chances of you getting a license might be slim.

Search your states DOI website about licensing it is usually buried in the code. If you can not find the specific code that addresses this - call your DOI. All the DOI does is follow their rules and law - there is no need to dance the question - shoot straight it and you might be surprised the answer you get.

You might have trouble getting APPOINTED even if you have a license since the felony question is going to come up EVERY TIME you want to contract to sell various companies. You might have to provide court papers and jump through a ton of hoops.

If you are 27 - this might be rough since you don't have a lot of time since your charges... It would be different if you were 47 and this happened when you were in your 20's...

Call your DOI start there...

Good luck either way.

Thanks.. I have a Mentor/Sponsor that I will be working for..If he is contracted with the companies will I also need to be contacted to sell with them....

Thanks.. I have a Mentor/Sponsor that I will be working for..If he is contracted with the companies will I also need to be contacted to sell with them....

Yes you will have to be contracted even if he does the sub-agent thing with you, where he gets the commish and AP credit and he pays you a percentage that is agreed upon.

Back