Can someone with a Felony Charge sell health and life?

Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > General Insurance Agent Discussions

Reply to Can someone with a Felony Charge sell health and life?     
Old 10-14-2007, 06:28 PM   #1

State: Benjamin is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Can someone with a Felony Charge sell health and life? Can someone with a Felony Charge sell health and life?
Does any one here know if you can get a license to sell health,life,etc. in Illinois if you have a felony on you record?
I know it was a drug traffic charge and is the only thing on this persons record.
Blessings, Benjamin
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Can someone with a Felony Charge sell health and life?
eZLynx Banner 4
Old 10-14-2007, 06:52 PM   #2
Guru
senior-advisor-indiana on Can someone with a Felony Charge sell health and life? - Insurance Forum

State: senior-advisor-indiana is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
senior-advisor-indiana is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Can someone with a Felony Charge sell health and life? Re: Can someone with a Felony Charge sell health and life?
I know of felons in IN that have were issued an insurance license.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:37 PM   #3
Guru

State: Mr. Bill is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Mr. Bill is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Can someone with a Felony Charge sell health and life? Re: Can someone with a Felony Charge sell health and life?
I don't know of the specific answer. Even with an insurance license, sometimes the carriers won't allow you to appoint with them.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:59 PM   #4
Guru
CHUMPS FROM OXFORD on Can someone with a Felony Charge sell health and life? - Insurance Forum

State: CHUMPS FROM OXFORD is an Insurance Agent from Ohio
CHUMPS FROM OXFORD is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
It will show up on a U4, for what that's worth.

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   In which state is Miami Beach ? I agree to forum rules 

Old 10-14-2007, 09:13 PM   #5

Can someone with a Felony Charge sell health and life? Re: Can someone with a Felony Charge sell health and life? Benjamin is the thread starter for: Can someone with a Felony Charge sell health and life?

Thanks.
I do know a yes or no question on whether the producer has been convicted is asked on Illinois's Insurance Producer License Application.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:28 PM   #6
Guru
The New Guy on Can someone with a Felony Charge sell health and life? - Insurance Forum

State: The New Guy is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Originally Posted by senior-advisor-indiana View Post
I know of felons in IN that have were issued an insurance license.

Did you have had your sleeves rolled down to cover your prison tats?
Old 10-14-2007, 10:13 PM   #7

Can someone with a Felony Charge sell health and life? Re: Can someone with a Felony Charge sell health and life? Benjamin is the thread starter for: Can someone with a Felony Charge sell health and life?

senior advisor indian are you really 27 like it says in your profile...cause i am and could use some advice on selling life,health, and acc... i am about to take the exam.. just took the pre lisc..

Last edited by Benjamin; 10-14-2007 at 10:15 PM. Reason: misprint
Old 10-14-2007, 11:09 PM   #8
Guru

State: TXINSURANCE is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
TXINSURANCE is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Depends on the state. Some states no way, others consider legnth of time and what the felony was. If it involves money or ripping people off the chances of you getting a license might be slim.

Search your states DOI website about licensing it is usually buried in the code. If you can not find the specific code that addresses this - call your DOI. All the DOI does is follow their rules and law - there is no need to dance the question - shoot straight it and you might be surprised the answer you get.

You might have trouble getting APPOINTED even if you have a license since the felony question is going to come up EVERY TIME you want to contract to sell various companies. You might have to provide court papers and jump through a ton of hoops.

If you are 27 - this might be rough since you don't have a lot of time since your charges... It would be different if you were 47 and this happened when you were in your 20's...

Call your DOI start there...

Good luck either way.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:34 PM   #9

Thanks.. I have a Mentor/Sponsor that I will be working for..If he is contracted with the companies will I also need to be contacted to sell with them....
Old 10-15-2007, 09:10 AM   #10
Super Genius

State: WBunch is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
Thanks.. I have a Mentor/Sponsor that I will be working for..If he is contracted with the companies will I also need to be contacted to sell with them....
Yes you will have to be contracted even if he does the sub-agent thing with you, where he gets the commish and AP credit and he pays you a percentage that is agreed upon.

Wayne B., CLU, ChFC, CFP
MDRT 5yr qualifier
Reply to Can someone with a Felony Charge sell health and life? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > General Insurance Agent Discussions