Can You Give Me Your Opinion Around Social Networks

bockius

My company is exploring how insurance agents use the popular social networks (Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn). Based on your use which of the following would you find most valuable (you can choose more than one):

1. Ability classify posts as personal vs. business
2. Based on #1 receive a compiled summary of "business" posts you made across these networks to ensure data retention compliance
3. Receive this data in a way that was search engine optimized to drive traffic back to your primary website
4. The ability to add custom tags at submission time to help you search and find this data at a later date

Thanks in advance for your opinion! We will keep you posted on what we come up with.

-Chad

I'm kind of turned off by the marketing i see on facebook, Linkedin and twitter. I think it's best business use is to use simply as a tool to stay in touch with cleints, associates and assocciations.... not trolling for prospects. I think they call that spam.

Thanks for the quick responses. For those of you using Twitter are you also looking to optimize your site to generate more free search traffic? Also how many of you are worried about meeting the data retention compliance rules when it comes to these communication channels?

Thanks again!
-Chad

I'm kind of turned off by the marketing i see on facebook, Linkedin and twitter. I think it's best business use is to use simply as a tool to stay in touch with cleints, associates and assocciations.... not trolling for prospects. I think they call that spam.

I agree here as well. Most people don't mind an occasional post about something new but if you hit them all day everyday you will get deleted.

I use facebook, but I just keep my friends and people that I have met over the years or not seen since grade school in the loop that I offer insurance. It has worked for me so far, every now and then someone will email needing life insurance or health insurance. Not a big money maker, but every bit helps.

That is because you have not yet learned how to use these media effectively. To make more sense of it, think of it this way. How many people have you met at a party talked to for 30 minutes and then they found out you do insurance and you ended up writing them. Most likely a lot of you. That is how you are supposed to use twitter and facebook. Don't go around pushing your business. No one cares. Instead, if you are packers fan, spend time talking to tons of packers fans and casually mention once in a while that you are an insurance agent. If they like you they will request a quote.

"casually mention once in a while that you are an insurance agent."

I have never done that (not even once) in 29 years at any party or social gathering. I don't even carry a business card.

Just me and I wouldn't recommend it.

Ditto. I agree.
:goofy:
What is the name of your company, and what do you do, and now that you are on this site, and have access to our emails, what should we expect from your company.

Back