Captive Agent Left & I Didn't Get Paid

AZ 007Agent

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction of where I can go to make a complaint and/or seek to get paid. I was working for a captive agent with the following payment structure: He would get paid from the captive company and I would get paid from him. He left and moved out of state and says his first check would be held by the captive company. He left the end of October so that means his November check would be held. After MY contacting him in November to inquire of the status of my paycheck, he indicated that he only got paid a couple hundred from the captive company, and that he would pay me ASAP as soon as the company paid him in December. Needless to say, I have yet to be paid!

I've tried contacting him but to no avail. Should I contact the company to inquire? Or is there someone else I can contact to file a complaint against him or the company? What recourse do I have?

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction of where I can go to make a complaint and/or seek to get paid. I was working for a captive agent with the following payment structure: He would get paid from the captive company and I would get paid from him. He left and moved out of state and says his first check would be held by the captive company. He left the end of October so that means his November check would be held. After MY contacting him in November to inquire of the status of my paycheck, he indicated that he only got paid a couple hundred from the captive company, and that he would pay me ASAP as soon as the company paid him in December. Needless to say, I have yet to be paid!

I've tried contacting him but to no avail. Should I contact the company to inquire? Or is there someone else I can contact to file a complaint against him or the company? What recourse do I have?

What did your contract stipulate?

the question is, is it much money? I mean, is it worth the effort to get it?
I doubt you will get, I hope it isnt much.....

Sounds like a contract dispute. Unless it is big money, it will cost you more to pursue than you will recover.

Also, the DOI could care less. This is a business matter, not an insurance matter. If you were an employee, you could complain to the Department of Labor about wages. But it sounds like you were on 1099 basis, so the DOL won't care either.

You could file a dispute with the Better Business Bureau, but they are more concerned about consumers, and who knows if this guy is even going to open an office in his new town.

In short, you are probably better off forgetting about it.

Thank you for your responses. Yes, I was 1099. And no, it wasn't a ton, but it's the principal of the matter. As for my contract,it simply states that I would get paid the agreed upon commission amount on a monthly basis.

Thank you for your responses. Yes, I was 1099. And no, it wasn't a ton, but it's the principal of the matter. As for my contract,it simply states that I would get paid the agreed upon commission amount on a monthly basis.

This is why God made metal baseball bats .

This is why we have small claims court.

Hard to do if he moved away. I would Google for dirty tricks on how to get even with someone. Or make a road trip but pay with cash and have a good alibi.

Hard to do if he moved away. I would Google for dirty tricks on how to get even with someone. Or make a road trip but pay with cash and have a good alibi.

Actually, its perfect. The guy won't return, so default judgement by small claims court.

Yes, default judgement, but you still have to collect.

If he's still in insurance, it would have an impact on him, since you could get the judgement on his credit report (don't ask how, I have no idea). Outside of that, if its for a small amount, you might spend more than its worth.

Dan

Back