The Catch

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Lot's of things came together last night to allow the Giants to capture the Super Bowl, but the catch by Tyree in the closing minutes has to be one of the best hightlights of the game.

It's interesting to watch a bowl game when you really don't care who wins. Pat? Giants? Neither are my team. However, the Giants played better and deserved to win.

At the time that catch was made, I said (and I still say) that it was one of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history. While the catch was fantastic, Eli was trapped, and nearly dragged down by a few different defenders...and then...somehow got away.

Amazing play.

Belicheat was an ***, by the way, for deliberately coming onto the field with one second left in the game. He knew there had to be one final play.

No matter where you are from, you have "the catch" in your memory, for some certain game in history. Seems like there was some big catch in Dallas history, maybe against the Packers? Can't remember. Then there's the "immaculate reception" deal. I'm from Iowa, so our "the catch" is a last second win a few years ago against LSU in a bowl.

But, alas, this game was won by the Giant's defense. They destroyed Brady all night long.

The best of all is when the Titans were stoped on the one yard line, they been winning games all season on the "Last Play" but on the three with only 2 seconds left I was sure they would once again win in the closing seconds, not that time! They were stopped by St. Louis! I think that one has to go down as likely the greatest play in Superbowl history.

The Giants had another great Play in the closing seconds of a Superbowl. I beleive it was Superbowl XXI against Denver. Where Denver in the closing seconds were threatening and they pulled their number one play which was flanking to the Right. Giant sucked it up and stop the Broncos which had a much better Offense then Giants had Defense.

Last edited:
That play stands out from many in that game...somehow Eli escapes from like 3 guys then floats one out for an awesome catch by Tyree. One of the best overall plays in recent Superbowl memory.

Lot's of things came together last night to allow the Giants to capture the Super Bowl, but the catch by Tyree in the closing minutes has to be one of the best hightlights of the game.

May supplant Dwight Clark's "the catch" - awesome money play.

Next year's Super Bowl is back here in good ole' Tampa Bay...can't wait!

Pats will probably make another run at it again next year. A few free agents is all they need.

That was pretty funny when Beli, ran across the field with a second left.

Latest posts

Back