Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > General Insurance Agent Discussions

Reply to Cell Phone and $10/mo. Phone Service     
Old 05-24-2009, 01:04 PM   #1
Guru
Freddie on Cell Phone and $10/mo. Phone Service - Insurance Forum

State: Freddie is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Cell Phone and $10/mo. Phone Service Cell Phone and $10/mo. Phone Service
I have been looking for a new cell phone and a friend suggested a G-Phone versus and iPhone. I went to T-Mobile and it looks pretty good. The G stands for Google.

I also noticed that I can get an internet hub for DSL or cable modem. For $10 a month I can add a phone line. It is a VOIP phone but they said the quality is very good. No 800 number from what I can tell but I can use another 800 service for that like one of the advertisers mentioned on this web site or others.

Anyone use the G-Phone or TMobile's $10 a month Internet phone? I tried Packet 8 for VOIP phone. They were nice but I had problems they would not fix and just suggested I cancel and I was not being a hard ass.

Thanks.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Cell Phone and $10/mo. Phone Service
Old 05-24-2009, 08:05 PM   #2
djs
Guru

State: djs is an Insurance Agent from California
djs is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Cell Phone and $10/mo. Phone Service Re: Cell Phone and $10 a Month Phone Service
I use the Tmobile $10 service. It works great. You still need a decent internet connection, but the service is fine.

It does not work as a fax line. I actually haven't tried it, but they say this and I figure I don't have a reason to try to convince them that it would.

Dan
Old 05-24-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
Guru
Freddie on Cell Phone and $10/mo. Phone Service - Insurance Forum

State: Freddie is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Cell Phone and $10/mo. Phone Service Re: Cell Phone and $10 a Month Phone Service Freddie is the thread starter for: Cell Phone and $10/mo. Phone Service

Originally Posted by djs View Post
I use the Tmobile $10 service. It works great. You still need a decent internet connection, but the service is fine.

It does not work as a fax line. I actually haven't tried it, but they say this and I figure I don't have a reason to try to convince them that it would.

Dan

Thanks for the tip. Can I ask what internet connection you are running?

I have AT&T DSL now with about 3 MB down and 300 K up. I can move to Comcast cable with about 16 MB download and 3 MB upload. Comcast charges extra for IP addresses. AT&T also will give me more bandwidth like 6 or 9 MB for about the same price but I have to change my IP addresses when upgrading from my DSL. I use about 5 IP addresses.

The girl at TMobile says they work closely with Comcast.

So your voice quality sounds close to a standard phone line? Thanks again.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:50 PM   #4
Super Genius

State: torri is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
Cell Phone and $10/mo. Phone Service Re: Cell Phone and $10 a Month Phone Service
I had the service for about 6 months. T-mobile home service is not too bad; however, you can not fax which is not good. Service when out twice during that time, but quality compared to regular phone, not bad.

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   What color are tomatoes? I agree to forum rules 

Old 08-16-2010, 01:06 PM   #5
Expert
tospears on Cell Phone and $10/mo. Phone Service - Insurance Forum

State: tospears is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
Packet 8 is nice when considering the cheaper* monthly costs. The telephones are about $200 or they offer to break the cost into a $3 monthly charge (forever). Our office has problems when attempting to recieve faxes from Government agencies. I would recommend them, but keep the help desk number handy.
Reply to Cell Phone and $10/mo. Phone Service 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > General Insurance Agent Discussions