Commission on Individual Health Insurance in NC

cowboynj

I'm considering going back into the field and agencies are happy to pay me 45% of the commission, and to me this is insane. I will be doing all the work. Is this the norm?

I've already negotiated a better deal, but am wondering what is possible?

In TN with one carrier that would amount to about 7 bucks a member, you can have all of my nopes on that one!

This really all depends on how the structure is set up. I have agents that pay for all of their marketing, prospects, CRM, Phones, etc... and they get 100% of the commissions on a GA Tier2. I have other agents that get 50% of the commissions however they have little or no cost at all to them for the items I mentioned. This all depends on how much skin they have in the game.

I'm considering a non resident license in NC. Why do you need an agency? What don't you go independent, direct with carriers?

some agencies get priority, I'm with GoHealthVMO and have a priority access number for marketplace escalations, nice little perk.

I just looked them up. Why would anyone pay fees to do enrollments. Most insurance companies have direct enrollment. You don't need that enrollment platform and you certainly don't need to be paying for it. I'm assuming they are an FMO and getting overrides on your business or are they an agency getting a cut of your commission and an override? I would also be concerned about them using my prospect's info to market to them after I've moved on.

A friend of mine, also an agent, gets a perk from United healthcare similar to that. You can choose to get your bonuses in technology instead of cash. You get website, crm, and other stuff from Norvax paid for by UHC and the cash goes into an account to purchase leads or upgrade your website. I see that UHC is on the exchange in many parts of NC.

Back