Commissions for Medicare Sales

Hi,

I have been in the insurance business for about 5 years selling medicare insurance. I wanted to hire agents but not sure what the pay schedule is. Can anyone give me advice on what to pay for initial commission and or residual commission?

Thanks

As others have mentioned, it's going to depend on several factors. The 1st one I can think of is how the agents are paid. Do you want the insurance company to pay them are will you be paying them out of your pocket? Are you supplying leads? What support are you giving the agents?

Once you come back to answer these questions we can give you a better idea as to what to pay the agents.

Hi,

I have been in the insurance business for about 5 years selling medicare insurance. I wanted to hire agents but not sure what the pay schedule is. Can anyone give me advice on what to pay for initial commission and or residual commission?

Thanks

If you've been selling for 5 years you should have a pretty good idea of what commissions are like. With enough production/agents you might make 1-3 points.

Is that what you want to know?

Rick

I know what the commissions are like. Im just asking if I were to hire licensed agents to write a medicare policy, (strictly under me, not with my FMO) in NJ, the licensed agent making their own cold calls, what would a
typical commission be for the agent writing the app. 50/50, 70/30, 100$ per app.

I know what the commissions are like. Im just asking if I were to hire licensed agents to write a medicare policy, (strictly under me, not with my FMO) in NJ, the licensed agent making their own cold calls, what would a
typical commission be for the agent writing the app. 50/50, 70/30, 100$ per app.

Cold calling is brutal, If I were looking for a job instead of going on my own there would have to be something I am getting out of it, If I were getting much less I would look for good leads maybe Internet type or mailer type, but cold calling I could de myself for very low $$

What are you offering them as a reason to work for you for less?

any suggestions on where to get the good leads from? any good companies out there?

What have you been doing up to this point?

If cold calling maybe consider hiring a telemarketer to create leads for you instead.

Have you been running mailers or internet leads up till this point? If so I would guess something is working otherwise I wouldn't think you are looking to hire agents. I mean the whole purpose of hiring agents is to duplicate what you are doing successfully so that you can create more business.

If not I would suggest you find a system that works maybe learn to self generate before you take the next step

Been cold calling with the cheap leads.. Been doing ok with it but like you said, its brutal.. I don't mind people hanging up, people cursing me. Its all part of the business. If I can work smarter and not harder with better leads, it should be rewarding.

How do internet leads work?

Been cold calling with the cheap leads.. Been doing ok with it but like you said, its brutal.. I don't mind people hanging up, people cursing me. Its all part of the business. If I can work smarter and not harder with better leads, it should be rewarding.

How do internet leads work?

Also A lot of people who have started like you cold calling have learned to hire telemarketers to create leads for them , this way you are more effective with your time

Maybe contact Green Sky from this forum has training on that

Or instead of hiring an agent hire telemarked in house to cold call for you and create leads, If you don't spend all your time trying to find the leads yourself you can be more efficient

As far as internet leads I am not going to get into all of that now I started with internet leads when I worked for a company, I have bought internet leads since independent and its a moving target, My next step is to learn to self generate

Also A lot of people who have started like you cold calling have learned to hire telemarketers to create leads for them , this way you are more effective with your time

Maybe contact Green Guy from this forum has training on that

Or instead of hiring an agent hire telemarked in house to cold call for you and create leads, If you don't spend all your time trying to find the leads yourself you can be more efficient

As far as internet leads I am not going to get into all of that now I started with internet leads when I worked for a company, I have bought internet leads since independent and its a moving target, My next step is to learn to self generate

A few years ago I tried NetQuotes for a couple of months. I never got one appointment. I'd call them as soon as I got them, and the few that answered told me they just took it out from another agent. I think NetQuotes said they were only selling them to 7 agents. No thanks. :no:

Back