Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > General Insurance Agent Discussions

Reply to Comparative Raters Any Good?     
Old 07-26-2016, 09:45 PM   #1
Expert
Gaffney Insurance on Comparative Raters Any Good?

State: Gaffney Insurance is an Insurance Agent from
Comparative Raters Any Good? Comparative Raters Any Good?
Has anyone had any luck with any comparative rates? Previously our agency used one but it did not seem worth the cost. We have around 10 companies but quickly growing and branching into new areas. We are a small office so we would want something relatively cheap but would still make sense to invest in the rater.

If anyone could let me know if their experience with different companies I would appreciate it.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Comparative Raters Any Good?
Old 07-27-2016, 01:14 AM   #2
Super Genius
ABAInsurance on Comparative Raters Any Good?

State: ABAInsurance is an Insurance Agent from New Jersey
Comparative Raters Any Good? Re: Comparative Raters Any Good?
Our agency has recently started using EZ Lynx which is working well for us.
Old 07-27-2016, 01:38 AM   #3
Expert
Gaffney Insurance on Comparative Raters Any Good?

State: Gaffney Insurance is an Insurance Agent from
Comparative Raters Any Good? Gaffney Insurance is the thread starter for: Comparative Raters Any Good?

Do you know what the monthly cost is?
Old 07-27-2016, 11:08 PM   #4
Super Genius
biaomaha on Comparative Raters Any Good?

State: biaomaha is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Comparative Raters Any Good?
I use EzLynx also and it works just fine, I like the management system the best. The problem lately is companies give a good rate and you go in to verify everything and re rate and large changes happen.

Nothing wrong with giving a good rate to get agents to bite but verify before you send any quotes out IMO.
Old 08-16-2016, 02:09 PM   #5
Guru

State: indienoise is an Insurance Agent from South Carolina
Make sure you ask agents in your state what they use. Just as you have carriers who only do business in your region or state, you'll find comparative rating software that does much the same. If you use much in the way of regional carriers, you might find the big names like EZLynx can't help you much. You will need to figure what features you can/can't live without, and make sure you can also get support for the carriers you use.
There was no perfect solution for me, so I'm actually using two raters. One for nonstandard auto, another for standard/preferred and package business.

www.palmettochoice.com
Old 08-16-2016, 02:21 PM   #6
Super Genius

State: Lopezshow is an Insurance Agent from
Originally Posted by Gaffney Insurance View Post
Has anyone had any luck with any comparative rates? Previously our agency used one but it did not seem worth the cost. We have around 10 companies but quickly growing and branching into new areas. We are a small office so we would want something relatively cheap but would still make sense to invest in the rater.

If anyone could let me know if their experience with different companies I would appreciate it.
I just switched from FSC to ITC Turbo Rater and saved 100$ monthly plus there are extras I get from the ITC product I didn't get from FSC. I am from California so I don't know what state you are from.

Ask around what is everyone using or ask your carriers who they are compatible with then take it from there.
Reply to Comparative Raters Any Good? 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > General Insurance Agent Discussions

Tags
raters