Complimentary Gifts? Are We Allowed to or Not?

danieldyer707

Expert
I'm a new agent, well actually I started about two and a half months ago. But I am really having a hard time with prospecting. I noticed that on the lead generating through mail how it offers a free book, with the appointment, then why I can't offer something else free to get people's attention. I'm just trying to think outside the box here, so don't critize me for it. But I was wondering if I send my own mailers to prospects that don't ever answer their phones, or respond to door knocks, if I could send them a mailer that offers a free tarot card reading. But I'm not sure how the rules work with that. So some insight on the do's and don'ts would be great.
Danielle Gorbet

danieldyer707 said:
I'm a new agent, well actually I started about two and a half months ago. But I am really having a hard time with prospecting. I noticed that on the lead generating through mail how it offers a free book, with the appointment, then why I can't offer something else free to get people's attention. I'm just trying to think outside the box here, so don't critize me for it. But I was wondering if I send my own mailers to prospects that don't ever answer their phones, or respond to door knocks, if I could send them a mailer that offers a free tarot card reading. But I'm not sure how the rules work with that. So some insight on the do's and don'ts would be great.
Danielle Gorbet

You can offer anything you want as long as it is worth less than $10. But trust me on this one, you will get a lot of angry people by offering a tarot reading...

Don't try to reinvent the wheel. When you are door knocking, leave the package notice, they work.... I know some agents don't like to leave them. What i do is circle the word notice, not the package, word on the top. 99% will call you back. Just explain you were in their area, and just dropped by to see them. And give them the memorial guide. Some will blow you off. Keep calling and door knocking until someone says no. I know it gets frustrating, when they do answer, i did not mail anything in.... Hello! you corrected your name's spelling, and the address. Well somebody must love you, and sent in in for you.. say that while smiling. I had a woman stand me up, stopped answering her phone. Door knocked, sold her and her daughter. She told her two friends while i was their, i have appointments with them, next week. She has become my cheerleader. Those blow off, don't feel so bad when you get a few nice ones. They are out there. Now go find them.

You can offer anything you want as long as it is worth less than $10. But trust me on this one, you will get a lot of angry people by offering a tarot reading...

Agree with the last statement. Offering tarot readings will kill your credibility, and many potential customers will think you're not playing with a full deck (no pun intended).

But the $10 limit... that varies from state to state. Better check on that. I don't know CA laws.

My ex wife used to pull out her tarot cards all the time. I guess she drew the death card on our marriage once to many. They are entertaining, but BS.

b61mack said:
My ex wife used to pull out her tarot cards all the time. I guess she drew the death card on our marriage once to many. They are entertaining, but BS.

Wouldn't pulling out the death card increase life insurance sales.....Heck all I would have on me was the death card.

Latest posts

Back